Monday, May 7, 2012

MDS Monday - UDI Sketch Challenge #187 / My Challenge #20

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. I know I did, filled with lots of friends and down-time and a little creative time thrown in. (Although there never seems to be enough of that!)

I was looking for my normal MDS challenge site to have a new challenge up but they hadn't posted one, so I used a regular sketch challenge from the same site. Normally I don't use my MDS projects for challenges, but because I felt like I really challenged myself on this card I decided to.

Do you use lots of different patterns of DSP when you create your cards or projects? I don't usually. I always struggle with which ones to put together. Normally my projects just have one pattern of DSP in them. I think it's the OCD in me that doesn't like the un-matched aspect. Even with this card, the only way I was able to combine these patterns was because the two outside were both kind of "florally" and had circles. Silly, I know but it's just so hard for me to do! I always love how others use DSP, but somehow trying to use multiples just causes me to "vapor-lock" creatively. There's a session at convention this year on creating with DSP...I am sooo in that session!

Oh well, I did try to mix it up with this project. You'll have to let me know what you think. The Scaredy Cat in me was stressing over this, but I tried anyways. Here's today's card-

MDS Happy Day Card

I used this sketch from Utah Divas Saturday Sketch Challenge for my inspiration-


I stuck right to the sketch for my card. The only extras were the little flowers and brad, that I added, that were part of the MDS Designer Kit I used. I know it say it a lot, but I really love the drop shadow feature. It adds such dimension to your projects it's hard to immediately recognize that it's not cardstock.

Here's the inside-


All the elements for the inside of this card were from the same kit. I think it's just so bright and cheery! Hopefully when I flake and miss someone's birthday and can't send a card by mail in time, they will be excited by receiving this in their in-box instead!

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my attempt at combining DSP's. If you did, I hope you'll take a moment to let me know what you thought. I love hearing from you! Also, if you liked it and wanted to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too. :)

I hope you'll come back soon to see what I've got for you!

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.


Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan