Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May Thank-You Cards

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Humpday! Just two more days until the weekend. Woo-Hoo! It's a dreary day here in the DMV. Overcast with rain expected. Booooooo! I guess I shouldn't complain though...I'd much rather let God water my yard than American Water, but it's been raining so much that now I have to mow again. :)

Want to know whats not dreary? Today's Thank-You cards. Well at least I think they're cheery and I hope you will too. Oh, and of course I hope they brighten up the day of those who are going to be receiving them too!

Last weekend I had a Scentsy home party. Wow! Great product. I liked it so much I became a distributor. I'm hoping I might even be able to get a little extra money to help with my SU Convention fund. At least I know my room is going to be smelling good. My friends are going to be getting their products this weekend and I thought I would put a little Thank-You note in their bags to tell them I appreciated them and to remind them of my SU business. I was able to tell them about SU at my party and think I will be seeing some of them at my next stampcamp. If you make a purchase from me this month either in person or on one of website, you'll get one of these Thank-You cards too, that you'll be able to send next time you need to say Thanks!

Here's this month's Thank-You card-

Mixed Bunch Thank-You with Domestic Goddess DSP

Wow, not sure why those came out so dark. :(

Here's a close-up-


The most time consuming part of these cards was tying the little bows without wasting a lot of extra bakers twine. :)

These were quick and easy and believe it or not pretty clean and simple (so totally not my norm!) I started with a base of Whisper White c/s cut 3 x 6 and folded to make a 3 x 3 card, perfect for a quick little thank-you note. Next I added a 1 x 3 strip of Domestic Goddess DSP. I thought this would be perfect, because it's bright and cheery and had sweet little flowers dancing across it. I sponged the edges with Pool Party and adhered it with a little Tombow. I stamped my flowers in Pool Party and Calypso Coral and the center piece in the same color. I punched these & a base flower out with my Blossom Punch and my 1/2in circle punch.I sponged the edges of all 3 pieces with their matching Classic Ink and put them together. The two flowers are adhered with Tombow and the center of each is adhered with a scrap piece of dimensional. Make sure you don't throw your Stampin Dimensional edges away, they're great for small areas like this. I curled the top flower's petals up with my bone folder and then adhered the whole flower with 2 more dimensionals. I wrapped a coordinating piece of bakers twine twice around the front of each card and tied it off with a little bow, truly the most time consuming part of the card.

*Tip*- when you're working with the bakers twine and you don't want it to loosen up as you're attempting to tie the bow, try this first. Tie it in a knot and then make your bow from the tails. This involves a lot less fingertip acrobatics and a lot less waste. I used 15 1/2 inches to wrap these twice and then tie the bows and trimmed less than 1/4 in off the tails if any. You know I'm all about conserving supplies and of course money. Sure you could cut a longer length and trim it down, but why waste the extra?

I just realized as I was preparing this that I didn't take a pic of the inside. *SMH* It has a simple script Thank-You stamped in the color of the flower. When I give these to my friends, I will write my thank-you to them on a sticky-note that I put inside, so they can use the card again.

If you like the DSP I used, it's retiring in just 3 weeks so make sure you get it before it's all gone. You can get it in my ONLINE STORE. Our accessories are going quick too. Don't wait too long or your favorites might be gone.

I can't wait to share the new catalog with you all. My pre-order is on it's way,so hopefully I 'll have some new samples for you sometime next week.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked this quick and easy little Thank-You card and it inspires you to make a few to have on hand. If you liked today's card, I'd love to hear from you! Also, if you liked it, and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too.

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.


Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan