Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Inking Up a Little Blessing

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a great week. I woke to the rumble of thunder this morning as the storms moved through the DMV. More are expected for the evening rush hour. Oh joy! That's ok though, I'd much prefer for God to water my lawn than American Water Co. LOL!

Here's another card I made about a month ago at an all afternoon stamp-a-thon with my stamping buddy April. We're already planning our BIG stamp-a-thon to get our swaps ready for convention. So exciting! Anyways, I inked up this set for the first time since getting it. The Crosses of Hope set is so pretty, and I've seen lots of pretty cards with it. I have to admit though, when I sat down to stamp I had no clue of what I wanted to do with it. No Mojo. :(

Here's what I came up with-

Crosses of Hope set

I used a base of Rose Red. Next I took a piece of Whisper White c/s and ran it through the Big Shot with my Perfect Polka Dots folder. I sponged a lighter pink (I think it's Pink Pirouette) over this to accent the embossing. I then used my Stampin Write Markers to color in the floral image. The cross was cut out by hand and raised up with dimensionals.

Here's the inside-


I love how the font changes in the sentiment! I kept the inside really simple because I felt the sentiment said it all. I used a sweet little embosslet butterfly and sponged the edges and the embossing for some added detail and my card was done.

I have to admit, even though I hate to say it out loud (or in type for that matter), it's just not one of my favorites...not by a long shot. I think I was getting tired when I made it. I know I was starved. I will blame it on those two things! :) Not that there's any one thing, I can point to, that's wrong. Perhaps it's because there's not a lot of layers or flash. Who know? What I do know though, is not everybody's taste is the same. I had this at the open-house I was at a few weeks back and it was one of the cards I sold. So, even though it wasn't my favorite, it made my customer smile and that in turn made me very happy.

This reminds me of a saying that's on the wall of the hair salon I go to. I see it every time I get my hair washed and even though I've seen it many times, it never fails to resonate deep within me.

"There is Beauty in everything. Not everyone chooses to see it" WOW, Love that! One of the things I want to be able to do more, is be the person that see the beauty around me more often, no matter what form it takes.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card. If you did I would love to hear from you! Also, if you liked it and would like to +1 or pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome as well. I hope to see you back here soon. I've actually got 3 challenges I'm trying to make separate cards for this week.

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. Life isn't about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan