Thursday, May 10, 2012

End of the Week Technique #31 - Lattice Crosses

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! Just one more day to go 'till the weekend. Yea! I hope you're having an Amazing week so far.

Today's EWT is pretty easy, and nice to know. It uses the Lattice Die for the Big Shot. I've been wanting this die for a while, but finally decided to get it because I have a special event tomorrow that needed a Special card. My nephew Jacob has his Confirmation tomorrow and I couldn't be happier for him! I've seen lots of beautiful projects that were made with this die and I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of it, but having seen cards with this technique was the clincher. I'm so glad it arrived in time for me to make this card.

Here's today's card-

Lattice Cross Card made with Lattice Die and Big Shot
First off, let me apologize for the poor (worse than normal) picture quality. I moved my photo box to my stamping room in the basement a few days ago in an effort to try and corral all of my supplies down there. Unfortunately it's darker there than in the kitchen and even the Ott light doesn't seem to be helping. :(

I tried to keep this card pretty simple and as masculine as I could. I used Concord Crush for two reasons. 1- Purple is a "Royal" color and I thought it would suit this occasion and make a nice backdrop for my cross. I felt if I used all Whisper White the cross just wouldn't stand out the same. 2-Even though it's a "purplish color" it's a "strong, deep color" and in truth it often looks more Royal Blue than Purple. Hopefully Jake won't complain about it.

I ran the two pieces of Concord Crush through the Big Shot with my Lattice Embossing Folder. Not only does it give a nice background texture, this side looks like little crosses. All of the Whisper White pieces, including the inside of the card are a beautiful shimmery white. I used Frost White paint with some rubbing alcohol and made my own shimmer mist that I sprayed all the W.W. c/s with. I really wish you could see how beautifully it just seems to glow.

For this weeks EWT, here's what you need-
Big Shot, Lattice Die, Cardstock of your choosing, and Paper Snips

I wish I had the time last night to take pictures of each of the steps. Unfortunately it was getting late and they obviously wouldn't have turned out too nice anyways. There are plenty of You-Tube Video Tutorials for this, but I doubt you will need to watch them.

Here's what you do-
1- Cut out your c/s using your Lattice Die
2- If you turn your cut c/s so the edges point N-S-E-W you'll see the cross starting at the point.
3- Using your Paper Snips simply trim away the other pieces, leaving just your cross. Told you it was simple. :)
4- Mount your cross. I trimmed pieces of dimensionals from the left-overs in my pack and used them to raise my cross off my Concord Crush c/s. It would also be pretty to embed the cross into your c/s by using  an Embossing Folder.
5- Admire your technique and smile at both the beautiful project you made and the thought of the smile it will bring to it's recipient's face.

Here's a bonus *Tip* for you- Take your cut-out cross and lie it on a piece of c/s and then use your shimmer spray to spray all over your c/s.  I did this on a scrap of Concord Crush and it left a beautiful image. I will try and put it to use soon.

Here's the inside-


Thank Goodness the W.W. c/s is shimmery or I would be severely upset at the lack of extra prettiness on the inside of this card. I know it's for a young man, but still. :)

I'm so proud of Jake as he takes this next step in his faith and I hope he likes the card I made just for him. What a special young man. Of course I'm sure he'll like the gift card I put with it even more than the card.

Well, that's all I have for today. I hope you liked today's EWT and card. I really hope however it inspires you to try something new today, it doesn't matter if it's this technique or something else. Remember the goal of this blog is to encourage us all to Just Try.

If you liked today's card, I hope you'll take the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. Also if you liked today's technique and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too. :)

I hope to see you back tomorrow, for another card.

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms, than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan