Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Bright & Cheery Farewell - SFF 051812

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Humpday! :) Just two more days to go until the long holiday weekend and the un-official start of the summer. Woo-Hoo! Hope you're  having an amazing week.

I've got another challenge card for you today. I love the sketches over at Sketch Frenzy Friday! Those ladies have some fabulous sketches and cards to go with them. I saw this sketch last Friday and knew it was one I was going to want to play with. On Saturday I went over to my stamping buddy April's house for a little relaxation and stamp therapy. She showed me a card she had done that morning in her stampcamp and I loved it! I used it as my inspiration for this week's SFF card. Thanks April!

Here's today's card-

SFF Challenge Card, Domestic Goddess DSP, Butterfly Punch, Petite Pairs Stamp  Set

Do you ever look at DSP in a catalog and not be overwhelmed by it and then see it in person and go "Awww, it's so cute! or I love it!"? I did that with this collection. I actually swapped some DSP I had for these and it's hard to believe now that I went the whole year without it! If you like it, don't wait too long it'll be gone in just a week. (I think it's going to be easier to get a feel for the look of our DSP in this years catalog though. They've done a great job showcasing them!) I've got two firsts on today's card. This is the first time I've used my sweet little butterfly punch. I'm so sad it's retiring. :( It's also the first time I've ever used Tangerine Tango. I love  how our colors and DSP's coordinate so well. The actual color that coordinates with this paper is Calypso Coral, but the Tangerine Tango matches and even Poppy Parade matches too. I added a thin little rim of Dazzling Diamonds around the edges of my butterfly wings and some rhinestone jewels to bling them up a little, I also popped them up with a dimensional instead of Mini-Glue Dots for a little extra height. (Am I the only one that thinks height always looks mis-spelled?) I stamped the sentiment from Petite Pairs in Daffodil Delight, sponged the edges in Tangerine Tango and then matted it with a piece of Tangerine Tango c/s. Both were punched with the Modern Label punch.

Here's the Sketch Frenzy Friday (SFF) sketch I used-


Great sketch and one that I'm sure I will use again. If you haven't checked out their site, make sure you pay them a visit. Better yet, play along with us all....just finish here first. :) I didn't stick to it strictly, choosing instead to use it as a jumping-off point but you can still see the sketch in my card. For those of you that have been around my Scaredy Cat site you know how hard it would have been for me to say that last sentence as recently as the beginning of this year. :) HA! I also mixed DSP papers something that just gives me such anxiety. I can't wait for that session at convention. LOL

Here's my friend April's card that was my inspiration for this sketch and today's card. (She doesn't have a blog, I'm trying to talk her into starting one) If you like her card, leave her a little love here and I'll make sure she sees it.

My friend April's card- my inspiration for today's card :) She used Poppy Parade and  Just Add Cake DSP

Here's the inside-



I kept it really simple. I used the rest of the sentiment from the front. (Love that font!) I cut a strip of matching DSP and added some Dazzling Diamonds to the little flower images in the DSP for my something pretty for the inside.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my card (and April's too). If you did, I hope you'll take a minute to leave a comment. I love hearing from you and I'm sure it would make April smile too. If you liked it and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Hope you'll come back and see me tomorrow. I've got this week's EWT...you might be surprised by it. I know I was.

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this interpretation. The strips of designer paper and the matching but alternating placement of the butterflies is perfect. Thanks for joining us at SFF this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super great way to use the sketch and designer paper! Both cards are wonderful!! April's card even fits the sketch challenge, too! Great job ladies!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan