Friday, May 18, 2012

Bordering on Romance Pocket Card

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! I hope you've had a great week and are getting ready for an Amazing weekend.  For those of you that follow me and sent up prayers and/or positive thoughts for my interview this morning, I feel good about how it went. I was in the top 5 candidates chosen to interview, so we'll see. Even if I don't get picked this round they will have more openings soon so... Will let you know as soon as I know. :)

I had a lot of running around to do last night and didn't get to stamp :( so I was trying to figure out what I could post today. I looked at my photos on my phone and found one that I hadn't posted yet. I actually did today's card for a team swap months ago when the Occasions Mini first came out. I think it was the first pocket card I had ever created. I have been meaning to do this as one of me "De-Constructed Card" posts where I show how it evolved but I realized this morning that I didn't have the other "failure pics" loaded on my phone. (Every once in a while I like to show how my cards came to be. You know, the ones that took two or three or more tries to get right. I hope it makes all the other Scaredy Cats out there realize they're not the only ones who struggle.) Guess I was trying to spare my self the agony. Lol! Will get those loaded and do that post another day.

Here's today's card-

Bordering on Romance Pocket Card
I don't know about you, but I'm so glad this stamp set and the DSP were carried over to the new catalog! I think the theme for the team swap that I made this card for was "Fun Folds or Something other than a standard card". I decided to try a pocket card and I knew I wanted to use this set and DSP, so it seemed like an easy idea. WRONG!!!! But in the end I was happy with how it turned out.

I started with a base of Island Indigo, even with our New In-Colors this is my all time favorite color. I don't remember whose blog I saw the angled cut on , but I thought it would make a great addition to my card. I used my edgelet to create the decorative edging and it not only cut the beautiful edge but left me an embossed look as well. *Bonus!* I used Sticky Strip to close the side and bottom. 

Here's a closer look at the pocket portion of my card-



I ran My Twitterpated DSP through my BigShot with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and then sponged some CrumbCake lightly over the top to make the embossing stand out a little more. My pleated ribbon was  tucked underneath my DSP with SNAIL and then the entire piece was Tombowed. I really wish this pleated ribbon had made it to the new catalog. Do you have any idea how much distress pleating my own ribbon causes me? Sends my OCD into overdrive! 

Here's the pull-out piece of my card-



For my pull-out card, I stamped my image with Black Staz-On and used my blender pens and Classic Ink pads to water-color. I look at this now and compare it to my recent "Copic-Style" watercoloring on our watercolor paper and am truly amazed at the difference. I don't think the shading was too bad considering it was my first real attempt at this type watercoloring and it was on regular cardstock instead of the watercolor paper. Looking back I think maybe I should have added a few pearls to the center of the flowers for an added touch. Oh well, hindsight and all that. Guess I'll have to add them when I get home. :) Actually, looking back now I think I may have added some Dazzling Diamonds to the flowers, for my swaps, to give them a little extra pop. I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole at the top of my card and used Island Indigo Bakers Twine to loop through for the pull.

What do you think? I love pocket cards but so often forget about them, as well as other card types, when I sit down to create. Do you do that too?

I hope you liked today's card and that it inspires you to try something new. If you liked it, I hope you'll consider leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Also, if you liked it and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

I hope you have an Amazing weekend filled with Family, Friends and of course plenty of time for creativity. I hope you'll stop back by and see me soon.

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.


Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan