Thursday, April 19, 2012

Another Mixed Bunch Thank-You

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! Just one more day until the weekend. YEA!

I have a Quick and Easy card for you today. A few weeks back I got my first online order. Wow, it was so surprising to get that e-mail from Stampin Up saying someone had stopped by and placed an order. Surprising in a totally unexpected, fabulous kind of way. Well, I sent an e-card to that wonderful person, but I wanted to make them a card too. I knew just the stamp set I wanted to use too and it was due in that week. *Happy Dance* Well my stamp set came but not the punch I was going to use, so it took me a few extra days to be able to make this card. It's in the mail now, so if it's recipient is reading my blog and seeing it here first, just know it's on it's way and you are very appreciated!

Here's today's card-

Heat Embossed Mixed Bunch Card
Like I said, this is a Quick and Easy card and I had so much fun making it as a special Thank-You! I used Calypso Coral as my base and stamped two of the images from my new Mixed Bunch stamp set randomly (I just can't bring myself to like that word (:  ) all over the front of  my card. I used Calypso Coral Classic Ink for a tone on tone look. (Love that look!)

Next I stamped my floral images with Versamark and then Heat-Embossed them with Silver embossing powder. Then it was just a few simple punches and my focal point was ready to put together. I punched an extra flower from my Summer Smooches DSP to coordinate and used my bone folder to curl all my "petals" down on the bottom layer and up on the top layer. A few dimensionals in-between all the layers and my pretty little flower focal point was finished. All it needed was a sentiment and I used one from my Teeny Tiny Wishes. I stamped it in Calypso Coral on a scrap of Very Vanilla c/s, flagged the end, sponged the edges, curled it to give it some extra flair and dimension and adhered it with a few Mini-Glue dots. See, I told you, Quick and Easy! :)

Here's the inside-


The sentiment is from Three Little Words and it will be retiring at the end of next month. I sponged the edges of my Very Vanilla c/s for a little added depth and then stamped my floral image on the bottom. Want to know a secret? I didn't intend for the image to be lighter in the center. I guess I just didn't press down good enough and it ended up that way. I liked it though,one of those happy little accidents that happens so often in stamping. It looks like a tone on tone, rock and roll image. 

I didn't write on the card, I wrote my message on a sticky note, so it's recipient could use the card when she needed a Thank-You card for someone. I hope she likes it! What do you think?

If you'd like to get a special card, made just for you, I'd love to make one for you! Anyone that places an order in my Online Store will get a special card, from me. Now's a great time to shop since our retired list is out. Also, our current Occasions Mini catalog is ending at the end of this month. I sure hope that the Mixed Bunch stamp set and Mixed Bunch Punch will be in the new catalog that comes out on June 1st, but I have no idea and we won't know until then. If you love it or any of the other great items in our Mini, don't let them go without getting your favorites.

You can shop in my ONLINE STORE 24-7, you don't even have to get dressed up to do your shopping. :) Bonus!

Well, that's all I have for today. I hope you liked it and I hope this post hasn't ruined the surprise for it's recipient! :)

If you liked today's card, please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you! Also, feel free to +1 it or Pin it. I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcomed too.

I hope to see you back here tomorrow.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan