Monday, April 16, 2012

MDS Monday- A First For Me-Color Challenge

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had an Amazing weekend!

It's Monday, so you know what that means... another MDS creation. I try to play along over with the Utah Diva's International site and their MDS Monday Challenges. It's usually a theme challenge but this week it's a Color Challenge. I've never done one of these before, so I decided I would give it a try. I'm not too sure about the results. I actually did two separate cards. I'm hoping you'll let me know what you think.

Here's today's first card-

MDS Color Challenge Card
The challenge was to use Always Artichoke, Basic Black and Pear Pizzazz. To be honest I didn't know how I was going to incorporate the Pear Pizzazz so I added one of the floral images from the Baroque stamp set and added a Vintage Brad to the center. I love how you can change the sizes of the elements to fit your needs. I made the brad small enough to fit in the center of the floral image and still allow the details to show. :)

Here's the inside-


I used the flourish from the Baroque set to create a focal point on the inside. I didn't add a sentiment so there was plenty of room for a message. I love that I can change the opacity to mimic stamping off.

That's all for this card. I hope you'll let me know what you think. I love hearing from you. I hope it inspires you to try something new today, whether it's a challenge or new cards style or just to play around with MDS and see what you can create.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These are great, Shan! I love your quote. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan