Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finally! Apothecary Art and Label Framelets... :)

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a great start. We're back to freeze warnings and waking up to frost on cars here in the DMV. I wish the weather would just make up it's mind and decide to stay warm! Hopefully it won't be long. I have a card today with flowers, so it's springy on my blog at least.

I don't know about you, but I got my framelets when they were first offered to demonstrators months ago. I used the heck out of my Hearts framelets for Valentine's Day and kept meaning to use the Labels on a traditional card and somehow it just didn't happen. (I did use them once as a cover for a pocket card and once as a treat holder though, so at least they weren't totally un-loved) Same thing with my Apothecary Art set. So pretty, and yet so totally unused until just a few weeks ago when I was getting projects prepped for my 2 weeks off from stamping.

Now I can say...Finally, a card featuring my Apothecary Art set and my Label Framelets! WOO-HOO! I wish I had more projects but hey at least they are finally getting used together.

Here's today's card-


I've seen lots of cards featuring this set, some even using this color combination, but I just find it so elegant and soothing.

I started with a base of Soft Suede. I really wish I could tell you which pink I used for the next layer, but I don't have my card with me and we have so many pinks. AUGH!!! *headdesk* Likely it's either , Pretty in Pink or Blushing Bride. So Sorry. Next I stamped my image in Soft Suede and used my Blender Pends to color in the leaves and flowers. I used a couple of different colors on each to try and give some extra depth and dimension to my image. I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede from the same set, flagged both ends and then used the edge of my paper snips to give the banner a little wave to it, although it's hard to see in this picture. Some Soft Suede sponging on all the layers and dimensionals and my card front was done.

Here's the inside-


I used a sentiment from one of my favorite sets, Petite Pairs on a Very Vanilla background and sponged the edges with Soft Suede. I also put a little something pretty in too, because you know I love that touch on my cards.

Here's a closer look-


Do you recognize the stamp? Its from the same set...it's part of the little oval that says "For You". I colored this portion of the stamp with my Stampin Write Markers and stamped it in the corner. I just love how it turned out with the curved edge and all.

 Looking at my card now I think the only thing I would have really changed about it is I would have added embossing to my pink layer, maybe with the Perfect Polka Dots EF, or the Vintage Wallpaper EF. What do you think? Oh well, it's an excuse to use this set again and try another combination. :)

Well, that's my card for today. What do you think? I hope you liked it and I hope you won't leave your set as un-loved and un-used as I did.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked it, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you'll come back tomorrow, I have another cute project for you.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan