Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Clean & Simple Delicate Doilies Card

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Humpday! We're on the downhill towards the weekend. YEA!

Today's card is another one that I made almost a month ago for my 2 weeks off from stamping to spend time with my bestie while he was here for class. Hard to believe how far ahead I got with projects. Now if I could just have another weekend of nothing but stamp time I could get a whole bunch more instead of doing them a day or two at a time. *SMH* (:

For those of you that know me, or have been following me for a while, you know these truths-
1- I almost never do truly Clean and Simple cards. Not that my cards are all frou-frou or fussy, but when it comes to C&S I will often go for Quick and Easy which is similar but maybe just a tad more involved.
2- One layer cards on my blog and in my stash are like the Sasquatch or Yetti- I want them to be there but they're just not. (I think there's only two or three here up to this point)
3- I keep saying I'm going to try and do more, but so far it just hasn't really happened. Heck, it's all I can do to get MDS Mondays, End of the Week Technique and a Challenge in each week. I don't want to assign the C&S title to any one day, because I'd feel like a failure if I didn't manage to get something "post-able" by that day. Silly, I know, but that's part of the OCD in me. :(

That being said- I have a new Clean and Simple card for you today. It's one layer (Hush now, I counted the fabric as an embellishment and not a layer. Hey it's my blog, I get to make up the rules. Right?) and I think it's kind of cute.

Here's today's card-

Delicate Doilies Clean and Simple Card
This card is also a departure for me in that it's all pink.

GAH!

I used the Delicate Doilies stamp set and using 3 different shades of pink, I randomly (augh, I hate doing that!) stamped three of the images from the set onto my c/s. Here again, I wish I could tell you which c/s and which inks but it was a month ago and I just can't remember. :( Bad Shan!

Next, I tore a strip of fabric from the Flirtatious Fabric pack, wrapped it around my card and knotted it off.

Ok, y'all- did you catch the whole "I tore a strip"! Yes, I did. That's a first for this blog and for my cards. I made this card during an afternoon of stamping with my daughter J, and my stamping buddy April. You can not imagine how much fun they had at my expense while I stressed over tearing that Darn fabric! Oh the Scaredy Cat and OCD in me was a Pure HOT MESS, over that tearing, let me just assure you! But, I did it! Yea Me!

Here's the inside-


Although it's hard to see in the picture, because of the tone-on-tone stamping, I used 2 of the stamps from the front to stamp the inside of my card. I used the sentiment from Everyday Elegance. I know it's retired, but I don't have a lot of sentiment stamp sets and I just love the font. It makes me smile just to look at it.

Well, that's all I have for you today. A quick post for a quick Clean and Simple Card. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to try something you don't normally do today.

If you liked it, I hope you'll leave me a comment. I love hearing from you! Also, if you liked it, please feel free to +1 it or Pin it. I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcomed. :)

I hope to see you back tomorrow for another card. Don't forget the End of the Week Technique is still to come.

You can shop for supplies in my ONLINE STORE 24/7. Don't forget the Retired Accessories List came out this morning. These supplies are only available WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Don't wait too long or your favorites may be gone. SU is retiring a lot of products to make their catalog a little smaller and easier to choose your year-round stamps from. The Retired Stamp List is also out and they will be available only until May 31.

Till next time-

Remember, Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe, 
Shan



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan