Tuesday, April 24, 2012

All "Packed For Baby" Boy Card

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a great week so far. It's cold here in the DMV but at least it's not raining (or snowing) today. :) I hope you're warm wherever you are.

Do you ever get something and know you want to use it but aren't sure just how you're going to use it? I hate when that happens! I've been trying real hard to only spend money on things I have a definite plan for, especially when it comes to stamps and supplies. I won't buy something just because it's "popular" or I think I should. So when the Packed for Everything set came out, I was intrigued and wanted to get it, but just wasn't sure what I would do with it. So, I decided I would wait a while. Then a great thing happened, I got it for FREE! Yep, I said Free. I won it for participating in a Stampin' Up event and Stampin' Up sent lots of it's demonstrators not one stamp but the whole bundle. How great is that? SU is an Amazing company and they really take care of their demonstrators.

Then all I had to do was come up with a way to use them. I've seen lots of cool cards with them, but I was still kind of stuck because although I could CASE someone else (please, with all the fabulous demonstrators out there, this would be so easy!) but I wanted to come up with something on my own. I finally came up with today's card. I made it almost a month ago, when I was getting cards ready for my two weeks off. Hard to believe I'm just now getting around to posting it!  I used a sketch challenge for my inspiration, I only wish I could remember which one. :( *Fail* I took it with me to the Open House I was at this weekend and it was the first card I ever sold. Thanks Holly!

Here's today's card-

Packed for Baby Card

I started with a base of Marina Mist which I ran through the Big Shot with my Stripes Embossing Folder (it's hard to see but if you look at the bottom center of the card you can see it). This is the first time I have used this folder. I got it for free during Sale-A-Bration this year. Did you get yours? Next I ran a piece of Whisper White c/s through with my Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder. What will we do if they ever retire that folder? For the next layer I used an old background stamp I had lying around and created the dotted background with Baja Breeze Classic Ink. This was a small background stamp so I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to help line everything up. I matted this on a piece of Marina Mist c/s and then secured a strip of Baja Breeze seam binding around it and raised this layer up with dimensionals. A Baja Breeze Bow completed this layer and I simply secured it with a Mini-Glue Dot.

For the main focal point I stamped my image in Basic Black and then colored in just a few of the images with  my Stampin Write markers. I used Marina Mist, Baja Breeze and Soft Sky for my blues. I love how all the blues coordinate even though they're so different. A little pink (I think it's Pink Pirouette) for the hearts  and piggy and some Daffodil Delight for that sweet little ducky and the coloring was done. I adhered it to another piece of Marina Mist c/s and popped that layer up with dimensionals as well and the front of my card was done. Oh, I'm sure you can tell I sponged all the elements with Marina Mist to add a little extra dimension and depth too.

Here's the inside-



I kept it really simple here. I stamped the sentiment in Marina Mist on a WW background and sponged the edges. The sentiment is either from Teeny Tiny Wishes or Easy Events. Sorry I can't remember which one they're both very similar. :(  Isn't the font just adorable though? I really need to not wait so long to post and then maybe I could remember these things. I inked just the cute little ducky from the stamp with my Basic Black Stampin Write Marker and then stamped him for my something extra, that you all know I love to do on the inside. A quick color with my markers and my card was done.

What do you think? I was pretty pleased with how it turned out and really happy when it sold!

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to grab one of those stamps you've been putting off using and give it a little love. :)

If you liked today's card, please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing form you. Also, if you'd like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too.

This set and the entire Packed for Everything bundle is in the current Occasions catalog and will be leaving on April 30th. If you want to get it or any of the single stamps in the set including the one I used for today's card, don't wait too long. You can shop for these stamps or other supplies in my ONLINE STORE 24/7.

I hope you'll come back soon and see what I have for you.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan