Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You're An 11, Embossed Card

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy humpday. :) I hope you're having a great week. I'm enjoying getting to spend time with my friend Jason. Speaking of friends, I have a sweet little card that's perfect for that special friend in your life.

Here's today's card-


I just love how this card turned out!

I started with a base of Calypso Coral, such a yummy color. Next I took a piece of Very Vanilla cut just a tad smaller to give a narrow border. I sponged it all around the edge with Calypso Coral just to give it some depth, but I love how when I matted it behind my main focal piece it gave the cardstock the appearance of being a light peachy color. Unexpected Bonus!

For my focal piece I used the "raindrop" image from the My Friend stamp set and stamped it multiple times using VersaMark onto another piece of Calypso Coral cut just a tad smaller than my Very Vanilla layer. I also stamped the sentiment from the same set in the same manner. Next I applied Gold Embossing Powder and used my Heat Tool to make the card come to life. Don't you just love heat embossing? It's just so magical! I love watching as my card magically transforms in front of my eyes. I sponged the edges of this piece of c/s as well and then Tombowed it to my Very Vanilla layer. These two layers were then adhered to my base using dimensionals.

Here's a close up of the focal layers -

 I just love the embossed detail and the way the Very Vanilla layer looks.

Here's the inside-

Sorry it's a little blurry. Didn't realize that when I took the picture
What a great sentiment! I also stamped a sweet little flower in the bottom corner, you know how I like my inside to be pretty-



I used the Bordering on Romance stamp set and just colored one of the flowers with my Stampin Write Markers. I stamped off once to lighten the image a little. Some more sponging around the edges and a little Tombow to adhere this layer and my card was done.

I hope you liked today's card and I hope it inspires you to make a little something special for that friend in your life who's an 11 to you.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked it, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope to see you back tomorrow for this week's End of the Week Technique. It's a really special card and I'm sure it's a technique you're going to want to try.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan