Monday, March 5, 2012

MDS Monday- Happy Birthday Momma! - My Challenge 12

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday. I hope you all had a great weekend. I got a huge box from sweet Mr. Ups and had every intention of stamping the weekend away. And then life happened as it has a tendency to do, and I spent it, spending quality time with my daughter who just moved back home. We saw the Lorax (go see it, it's Amazing!), did some shopping, did some cleaning and organizing and then it came time to work on my MDS.

I think I have lamented plenty of times here that I am not the most computer savvy person. In fact me and technology, not a good mix in general, unless it's the medical kind or Lexus-Nexus, I did pretty good with the Law library. How I managed to get an A in my computer class was sheer determination, hard work and the fact that the professor gave us the majority of the answers on the first 2 tests. God Bless that man! I have in fact now killed 2 lap-tops, a net-book and 2 desk tops. At any rate, I had some issues with finding some of my downloaded material and updates (totally my issue) and spent the better part of about 4-5 hours over 2 evening dealing with this all in an effort to come up with today's post.

Toady's post is a very special post! It's my momma's 65th birthday.

Happy Birthday Momma! :)


I talked to her late last week and told her I was afraid I had waited to long and was trying to figure out how I was going to manage to get her card in her hand by today. I was thinking I was going to have to Priority Mail or Express Mail it to her. She said all she wanted was for me to make her a card and put it on my blog for everyone to see. She follows my blog and she thought that would be cool.

Well, I think she's the best, so I thought I'd surprise her and do her one better and give her two cards instead of one. So, I made two cards that I'm posting here, and then I'm e-mailing her the cards with a special message inside just for her.

Also, I told you guys last week I'm doing 2 challenges early since my best friend Jason will be here at the end of the month and I won't be stamping and won't be able to do my challenges those weeks. Both of these cards fit the Utah Diva's MDS Monday Challenge for last week of Anything Birthday or Use A Piece of Cake CD from Sale-A-Bration, so I submitted both of them to their site last night to qualify. Now my 2 challenges are caught up and I'm back to just my one challenge a week. :)Yea me!

Ok, so are you ready to see my momma's first card? Here it is-


I used Elements of Style and Messages for Mom. My Mom loves Humming Birds so I knew she would love this sweet little guy.

You know I have to have a pretty inside-


Another little Humming Bird this one getting a little sip from one of the flowers on the flower from the Element of Style flourish. The sentiment is from Messages for Mom.

Here's card #2-


The first card was more serious, so I wanted to give momma a fun card too. This one is from the Piece of Cake CD in the Sale-A-Bration Catalog. You can get it Free. Lots of Fun Stuff in it.

Here's the inside-


Those little pieces down the sides are "pieces of cake" how fun is that?

Well, what do you think? I hope she loves them as much as I loved designing them for her, but more importantly.... as much as I love her!

I hope I inspired you to try creating with MDS today. If you decide to try I would love to see what you make.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)


Thanks for stopping by!
Till next time-

Remember- Life is not about Waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan