Monday, March 19, 2012

MDS Monday -Flowers Flowers Everywhere

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend full of family, friends and creative time. I know I sure did!

I was able to get lots of projects done yesterday and plan on getting even more done this afternoon, including some OOOOPS! and some Tips which I hope you will find helpful.

I don't know what the weather is like where you're at but as I walked out the door this morning there was recent rain marks on the sidewalk, (which considering I put a Keratin Straightener on my hair last night didn't make me very happy) and I as I write this I am lucky enough to sit listening to the sweet sweet sound of a group of birds just a chatting away outside my window. It would seem Spring is trying in earnest to arrive in the DMV. The Cherry Blossoms are blooming early, Darn It! (Jas is going to miss them!)

I took my inspiration for this weeks card from the UDI challenge that they gave a heads up to last week. And, the Utah Diva's MDS Challenge for this week was for Flowers and Butterfly's. However, when I did my MDS last night I was going by memory from last week of what they had said it was going to be so I have plenty of flowers, but sadly no butterfly's.

Here's this weeks card-


I was inspired by one of the cards I helped kids make at a St. Baldrick's fundraiser this weekend where we randomly stamped flowers on a white back ground. This is a Designer Kit that came with my MDS starter kit. I think it's called Summer Home.

Here's the inside-


You guys know I like the inside to be pretty too. I added a different strip of the DSP across the bottom and then added a few of the flower embellishments. I love how you're able to change the size of each one to make it fit just like you want it, and then rotate it to position it you like you want to. I also used the layering function to make sure everything was situated just right. :)

Well, that's it for today. Short and sweet. I hope you liked today's card and I hope I have inspired you to try your hand at digital crafting. I have to tell you, I am definitely one of the most technologically challenged people you will ever meet, ask anyone who knows me. If I can do it, anyone can.

Well, I'm off to try and finish putting together the pieces for my swap cards so I can finish assembling them tonight or tomorrow night. I can't wait to show them to you on Friday. I have to say, I think they are pretty darn cute.

I also have a post coming up at some point in the next few weeks where you're just going to go Really?!?!, Seriously Shan!?! SMH!!!! That was just fair warning. :)

So, if you liked today's post, I hope you 'll consider leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you. Also, friends and followers are always welcome.

Don't forget, Sale-A-Bration is almost over. Just 12 More Days to get FREE and Exclusive Items and to get your Starter Kit at an AMAZING Price. You can shop in my ONLINE STORE or contact me for more information. I would hate for you to miss out on this Amazing opportunity.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan