Friday, March 2, 2012

"Many" Thanks Gift Card Holder

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday!

Have you ever had one of those moments when you just knew you had done something and you looked and looked and looked for it, because you just knew you had done it (me), because you wanted to show it to someone (in this case you guys), but you couldn't find any evidence of it only to realize that since you did said project on Christmas morning and it wasn't posted as your "Very Last Minute Gift" and it didn't get posted between there and the end of the year you must not have posted it. :(

*Head-desk*

Of course on the upside that means that you haven't seen this project before from me and you won't be going "Not another one!"

Most of you that have been following me know that I have been sick with the Terminator of all Pneumonias for over a month now. Seriously! 3 rounds of antibiotics, 2 rounds of oral steriods, inhaled steroids, round the clock inhalers, narcotic cough syrups to sleep, you name it, I've had it. I've been a nurse for over 23 years (pretty impressive since I'm only 29 LOL!) and I've been exposed to just about everything and I've never been hit with anything like this!

Well, I've been working a second job on the weekends, just a couple of hours on Friday and Saturday nights for some extra cash, which I obviously haven't been able to work due to all the coughing and wheezing. One of the girls, went above and beyond to get all my shifts covered for me each week. What a doll! She likes to go to IHOP with one of her best friends after work on the weekends, so I thought it would be nice to get her a gift card so she could go, since she had helped me out so much. Of course, I couldn't give it to her in the ugly thing IHOP wraps their cards in, now could I? Of course not! So I made this last night instead.



I think it's much nicer. What do you think?

I started with a piece of Poppy Parade that measures 6 1/4 x 4 3/4 . Score it at  1 3/4 and 41/4 and a piece of DSP from Everyday Enchantment, from our Sale-A-Bration collection, that measures 4 1/4 x 1 1/4. Here's a link to the video HERE so you can see just how fun and easy this is. This is a Quick and Easy Project and one I'm sure you will want to keep in your go to file.

After scoring and folding my c/s I rounded the corners with my Corner Rounder Punch. Next I sponged the edges of my DSP and secured it to my c/s with SNAIL. I then stamped my sentiment in Poppy Parade with the help of my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig so I could get it centered on my 2 x 2 piece of Very Vanilla c/s, sponged the edges, secured it on my Poppy Parade c/s with SNAIL and then set it aside for a little while. We'll come back to it in a minute.

Here's the inside-


Angie didn't put a space to write on hers in the video, she had a little tag. Since I didn't have a tag, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla c/s 1 1/2 x 4 (I'm pretty sure that's what it is (: ) and stuck it to the inside so I could write a little personal note. This however impacted where I was going to put my velcro attachment, luckily I was able to re-position so it would still work. :)

Originally I had my focal point centered, but due to my little mishap above I had to re-position it down to the bottom of the card. Luckily, it still works. It just happens to line up with the top of the DSP. SMH, I don't know how that managed to happen. Dumb luck I guess, but I'll take it. I attached the velcro, closed the gift-card holder and then trimmed off the over-hang and my gift card was complete. I'm sure she's going to be so excited! At least I hope she will be.

By the way- Here's a pic of the holders I thought I showed you back at Christmas time-


The two  big ones are I-Tunes holders and I was in a hurry and spilled my coffee as I was trying to get the picture taken. Boy was I upset! Luckily my nephew didn't mind. Since they are bigger I will make some more of these and post them with measurements, since I haven't seen any of them anywhere out in bloglandia. Oh, and I'll be sure not to have any coffee spots on the new ones, ok. ;)

*TIP* - I'm pretty sure Angie says it in her video, but make sure you use Sticky Strip when you make these.  You want to make sure your gift card is secure. Don't risk it with SNAIL. Plus, SNAIL may be a little too wide.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's project. I hope it inspired you  to have a little fun and to try something new. If it does, I hope you'll let me see!

If you need supplies, you can shop in my ONLINE STORE 24/7.

Today's Project Recipe-
Cardstock- Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla, Everyday Enchantment
Stamp set- Many Thanks
Ink-Poppy Parade Classic Ink
Accessories-Snail, Stampin Dimensionals, Sponges, Sticky Stip, Velcro,

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend full of Family and friends and plenty of time for stamping and creativity.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan