Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's Still St. Patrick's Day On the West Coast :)

Pin It
Hey y'all. Really quick and short post as it's 12:47am here in the DMV. Technically no longer St. Patrick's Day here but as I'm still chatting with my Best Friend Jason who is on the West Coast and still celebrating, I'm going with West Coast time. LOL!

I had a really busy today. I hope your weekend is going as good as mine is. I spent my morning with my SU Leader, Robin, and team-mate and favorite stamping buddy April at a St. Baldrick's fundraising event and we helped some really nice people, most of them kids, make some really Amazing cards for some really special kids. Then I spent almost the last 6 hours, Yes, I said almost 6 hours getting my team swaps done for this months team meeting. They are almost done. They are going to be great. I had no idea they would be as involved as they ended up being though. Look for them at the end of this next week as the End of the Week Technique, you won't want to miss it.

So, as it's late and I'm tired, and I owe you guys one last St. Patrick's Day card, here it is-


I've seen this style lots lately and thought I'd give it a try. I started with a base of Pear Pizzaz . I layered a piece of DSP from the In-Color Pack on top of that and adhered a piece of our White Organza Ribbon to that. I love that ribbon. It's so versatile! I made a bow from it and stuck it on with a Mini-Glue Dot. The center panel is a piece of Whisper White layered over Pear Pizzaz. This is layered on top of the DSP with Stampin Dimensionals. I used my Large Heart Punch to punch 6 hearts out of the In-Color DSP pack. I scored each heart down the center and folded it in half. I placed the two halves together and then stuck the bottom side to the Whisper White c/s with a Mini-Glue Dot. I cut the stem Free-hand from Pear Pizzaz c/s and adhered it with Tombow.

Here's the inside-


The stamp is from our Occasions Mini and is stamped in Pear Pizzaz. Because I didn't have any other shamrock stamps and I've already made shamrocks from heart punches for my other cards, I thought I would just add a little personal touch and free-hand a little shamrock to the inside of this card.

While I was writing this, I texted this card to Jas and he liked his St. Patrick's day card. He said, well, I won't say what he said, but he liked it. :) I hope you like it to and I hope you had a safe enjoyable day or are still enjoying it! If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan