Friday, March 16, 2012

Embedded/Embossed St Patrick's Day Card With A Blessing For You

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! Are you ready for the weekend? I know I am. I'm also ready for 4pm cuz that's when I get to head down to Verizon to pick up my New I-Pad.

I'm so excited! *Happy-Dance* I have waited so long for one and now I'm getting the Big-Daddy of 'em. It's especially exciting since I seemed to have killed yet another computer. I do believe my Net-Book is D.E.A.D. I have had my I-Touch for years now & my I-Pod as well, hopefully this will bode well for me & Apple products. Sadly, Target didn't have the one I wanted so I couldn't use my Red Debit to save $40 (you have one of those and are saving money right?) so I have to go give Verizon more, but it is what it is.

This card however, makes me Very Happy and I hope it makes you happy too. It's the paper version of this weeks MDS card. I have to say it took me almost as long to punch out all those little hearts and cut the stems & position them just right as it did to create them on the computer.

Here's my card-


I started with a base of Garden Green. I then used a layer of Whisper White and sponged the edges with Garden Green. I used my Small Heart Punch to make the "leaves" of my Shamrocks and I simply free-hand cut the stems out of more Garden Green c/s. I laid them out in what I tried to make appear a random (I hate trying to do that!) pattern around my Lucky 4-Leaf Clover in the center. I wanted the effect to be as if they had been thrown up in the air and scattered around the center clover. Not quite sure I succeeded. To me, they still look to be almost in a straight line down the center. AUGH!

After lightly securing them I put them in my Square Lattice Embossing Folder and ran it through my Big Shot and you get this beautiful Embedded/Embossed Effect. I love it! I used Tombow to secure it to the card base. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and is stamped on Whisper White in Garden Green, Punched out with the Designer Label and then sponged lightly.I backed it with more Garden Green c/s and popped it up with dimensionals.

A sweet little rhinestone in the center of my 4-Leaf Clover finishes off the front of my card.

Here's the inside-


I used my MDS to print the sentiment and because I was afraid my colors wouldn't match just right to do the shamrock in the corner I simply punched one out and put it there myself. I miscalculated a little on the sizing so the border's not quite even, so I fudged it a little by sponging the edge. :)

Not sure if you can read the sentiment so I got a closer picture. It's one of my favorite blessings and I only just found out that it's attributed to St. Patrick. Pretty appropriate to add it to today's card.


This is my wish for all of you my friends who may read this. I hope you have not only a safe and happy St. Patrick's Day but this is my wish for you Always!

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card and I hope you'll come back tomorrow. I know I don't normally post on Saturday's but I have one more St. Patrick's Day card for you, so I hope to see you then.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan