Wednesday, February 29, 2012

An Open Seas Birthday

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Hump Day! We're half-way through the week. Just two more days to go. :) It's rainy and cold here in the DMV and they're even talking about the white stuff for this weekend, YUCK! I hope it's nicer where you are.

Sunday was my Sweetheart's birthday. (Hey Step-Nanny are you paying attention, I'm talking about him? LOL!)  We're both from the South and love the ocean. One of the things we often talk about is just escaping and getting away from everything out on a sailboat. If I ever won the Lottery one of the first things I would get would be a really nice sailboat. One with a nice master suite that his 6'2 self could fit comfortably in without hitting his head. So, when it came time to create a birthday card for him I knew exactly which set I wanted to use.

I sat down Friday night and got busy and this card came together pretty quickly. Here it is-


I used a base of Crumb Cake and ran it through my Big Shot with my Lattice Embossing Folder for some texture. I then sponged over that with some Crumb Cake Classic Ink to make the texture show up more. The DSP is retired Nautical Collection from last year, matted on Chocolate Chip and Tombowed to the base. The focal image is from the stamp set Open Seas. I inked it with Chocolate Chip and Not Quite Navy Stampin Write Markers and stamped it on Very Vanilla c/s. This was mounted on Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip c/s and was then popped up on dimensionals. The compass was also inked in Chocolate Chip and Not Quite Navy Stampin Write Markers and stamped on Very Vanilla c/s. It was punched out using my 1 3/4 Circle Punch. I used my Mat Pack and Paper Piercer to pierce the hole for the Vintage Brad I put in the center. I think it goes perfectly there. All the cardstock and DSP on the front of the card were sponged around the edges in Crumb Cake to add dimension and depth. It should have been done on the inside too but alas I did the inside of this and the second card at a later time and forgot. SMH! :(

Here's the inside of the card-


The compass image is from the same set. It's stamped in Not Quite Navy and is stamped off 3 times prior to stamping on the card to give that lighter impression. The sentiment is from Elementary Elegance, our Sale-A-Bration set. You can get this set with a $50 purchase. I cut the stamp so I could get it to stamp in a line like that. But it will still line up and stamp underneath each other in the set like normal as well. Pretty nifty huh?

The good news is he liked his card! Yea Me! And, since I ended up making a second card (did you see it yesterday?) I still have another one for him at another time :)


That's all I have for you today. I hope you'll come back and see me tomorrow.

Don't forget Sale-A-Bration ends in a month. You can shop in my ONLINE STORE and get your FREE merchandise. Have Fun!

Today's Card Recipe-
Cardstock- Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Ink- Crumb Cake Classic Ink, Chocolate Chip and Not Quite Navy Stampin Write Markers
Stamp Set- Open Seas Elementary Elegance
Big Shot, Lattice Embossing Folder
Accesories- Vintage Brads, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Dimensioinals, Tombow, Sponges

I hope you liked today's card as much as my sweetie did. If you did, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan