Monday, February 27, 2012

End of the Week Technique #21 - Emboss Resist

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! You're probably thinking, Monday and End of the Week Technique? Well I totally flaked last Thursday night and forgot to take a picture of this card, so I wasn't able to do my EWT last week and then didn't get to post it over the weekend either so here we are with an EWT at the Beginning of the week instead. SMH :( I'm still going to try and get a new EWT posted for this week as well.

Today's technique is one I've seen done plenty of times and have just never done at home. It also uses a stamp set I've been wanting to get since it first came out almost a year ago. I was lucky enough to get to use it a couple of weeks back when my upline Robin Merriman offered an "Open Stamp" in her studio. Thanks Robin! In fact This is a popular technique with this stamp set. I've seen it done countless times before, by countless stampers and it still strikes me as sooo beautiful, I had to do it as well.

Here's today's card-


I am sooo having a moment right now, and can't even remember the name of this stamp set that I love so much. I blame it on all the steroids I've been taking for my pneumonia. They make my brain so muddled!

This is a really simple technique but gives such a WOW result. I used my All-Time Favorite color, Island Indigo as a base. First you stamp your image with VersaMark, I stamped mine on a Whisper White background. Next you apply your Embossing Powder, I used White Embossing Powder, to your VersaMarked image and heat set it with your Heat Tool. I absolutely love Heat Embossing! It's so magical to watch your image appear. After heat embossing the image, you simply sponge over it with the color or colors of your choice, I stuck with Island Indigo. You can use Sponges or Daubers, I used the daubers here, but have used sponges in stampcamps before. It just depends on the look you're after and your preference. Experiment and see which one you like the best. Once your done layering your color over your image, you simply take a napkin and rub over your embossed image. Any ink that may be on it will simply buff right off, leaving your image to stand out clearly from your colored background. See- I told you, really simple!

I sponged the edges of my cardstock with Island Indigo and then stamped one of the sentiments from the set in Island Indigo as well and the front of my card was done.

Here's the inside-



I kept it very simple here. Since I used the sentiment "Hello" on the outside I didn't put a sentiment here. I left it blank so there would be more room to write.

I stamped a small image from the Everyday Elegance stamp set in the bottom corner and added a little bling to it. It felt so good to do that! It's kind of one of my signature looks and for some reason lately, I haven't had a  lot of cards where I used it. I thought the little butterfly was a nice addition, since it tied in with the flower theme from the front of the card. It's also fun to use because I got it for FREE with a $50.00 purchase. It's one of our Exclusive Sale-A-Bration items. You can get your Free items by placing an order in my ONLINE STORE.


That's all I have for you today. Seriously- two posts is enough don't you think? :) I'll be back tomorrow with another new card. ( Pictures are already taken (:  )

I hope you liked today's card and that it inspires you to try something new today. If it does, I would love to see what you create!

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan