Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ornament Vase

Pin It
Hey y'all! I hope you're having a great day today! I missed being able to post yesterday, but have been so busy. Are you ready for the holidays? Shopping done? Well, best intentions aside, I still have not done my Christmas cards and I have to get my packages mailed out this weekend and I have a stampcamp on Saturday. Someones going to stay busy I think!

Just a quick little post for you today. A flashback of sorts. Today's card is not a holiday one, but it uses a Holiday Punch. Remember this post way back in August when I first started this little adventure? I talked about some of the different uses for the Holiday Ornament Punch I had just received and gave a preview of some of the cards I had made using it. Well, I realized I had never posted this one.

I'm sure many of you have seen this style card where the ornament is used as a vase, but it was the first time I had used it like this. I had also just recently received my Top Note die so I was glad to be able to use it too, since I was trying to figure out uses for it.  It's a simple card but I still like it. I may have to revisit it come spring with some brighter flowers and case. This is definitely a fall colored card.

Here's today's card-


Sorry the lighting's so dim. (Boy, those Ott lights will spoil you quick-like!)The DSP for the vase is a retired paper from last year. It's been so long since I made it I can't even remember exactly what colors I used, SMH. Bad Shan! I punched the flowers out with a retired punch that came as part of a set I received years ago, and used my bone folder to curl the edges and give the flowers some dimension. We  have multiple punches you could use now to create the same effect. I drew the stems in freehand using my Stampin Write Marker, using short strokes to make it look more realistic. I think I used Early Espresso. No stamping at all on this card front.

You know what else is missing? Yep, Tink! I look back at this card and think about how my cards and style have evolved, even in just these last few months. Like I said, I definitely like this card, it's just hard to believe  it's one of mine!  Also sadly, nothing to show for the inside. Sorry. Turns out I didn't have it loaded into my BB, but no glitz or glam there either. Where was my head? :-)

That's all I have for you today. (Told you it was a quick little one!) I know a lot of us are already gearing up and looking forward to the New Year and Sale-A-Bration and Valentines Day, I know I keep trying to get to those stamp sets!  Hopefully this will remind you that even though the Holidays are almost here and then just as quickly gone, don't forget about your Holiday punches. I hope you remember to get yours out and make something a little non-traditional with it. Don't make it sit all alone and forgotten about until next year. That makes them sad and if they cry they might rust and not punch as cleanly for you. LOL :-)

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I'll be back tomorrow with my End of the Week Technique. Thanks to everyone who has been previewing it HERE for making it such a popular post.

Till next time,

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan