Tuesday, December 27, 2011

MDS Monday- Remembering the Year

Pin It
Hey y'all. I hope everyone was lucky enough to enjoy yesterday off from work before returning today and I hope your Monday-Tuesday (what I call the Tuesday at work after a Monday off, because then Tuesday is just like a Monday...but you figured that out without me, I bet) is Amazing and more like a Tuesday than a Monday. :-)

Sorry for the late post. I meat to post yesterday, but the day got away from me. By the time I got to a point where I could post it was getting late, so I figured I would use that time to stamp instead, for a card I'll show later this week, and watch me some Monday Night Football.

Did you see last night's game?!? Sadly, it was the last MNF of the season. *tear* I just don't know where the season went! But what a game...Holy Cow! How bout Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints? He broke Dan  Marino's single season passing record on a touchdown pass and they still have another game to add to those passing numbers. What a phenomenal QB! In other news, Dallas narrowly avoided a shutout by getting on the board at the last minute, actually it was in the last few seconds. The good news is Romo will be back this week. Sadly Denver also lost in Tebow's 2nd worse showing of his NFL career. :-( Miami and N.E. played a game of halves where Miami ruled the first half and N.E. ruled the second half pulling out a last minute victory. And I was last minute shopping and didn't get to watch any of the second half. Thank Goodness for ESPNMobile! And, the second best news of the weekend, behind N.O.'s win and Drew's amazing feat was of course the Redskins' loss to the Vikings. (so sweet!)

So, now that I've gotten the football out of my system for a few days at least, how about a peek at today's (or yesterday's) card? I wanted a little card to celebrate the upcoming New Year. At first I thought about a "Celebration" theme, but then I decided to go with "Remembering" the past year. I always think of New Year's as a time to reflect back on the year, the good and the bad, and to plan a direction for the upcoming year. Here's what I came up with-


I found this DSP in one of the designer collections and it reminded me of fireworks lighting up the sky. I kept trying to place it on the top portion of the card to reflect that idea, but couldn't really make it work. :-(   It's hard though to not always have something turn out the way you envisioned it. I think it still works with the card though. I chose a base of Melon Mambo to coordinate with the color in the DSP layer. I used the stamp set Define Your Life for the sentiment. I decided to add a bow as a little symbol of remembering. You know when you "tie a bow around your finger to remember something"? Of course I would most likely forget why I had tied a ribbon around my finger, but it was one of the inspirations for this layout. Plus, I think it looks cute there. A few colored brads to finish it off and the front was done.

I tried to come up with an inside, but wasn't having much luck with my borders and punches. I'm sure that will become a little easier with some practice on MDS and a few more punches and stamps. I have to say though that I am really enjoying playing around with my MDS. I hope you have yours and are playing along and challenging yourself to create with it. I know one of things I thought would be neat about MDS was the chance to preview a layout before cutting precious cardstock. I really like this layout and and can see myself using it with c/s in the future.

That's all for today. I hope you liked today's offering and would love to see what you are doing with your MDS and/or paper. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you'll check back in soon. I've been playing with my SAB and new Occasions Mini items and can hardly wait till you get to see all the new items starting January 4th.

Till next time-

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan