Monday, December 19, 2011

MDS Monday - A Holiday Card

Pin It
Hey y'all! Christmas week is finally here! I can hardly believe it! It just doesn't seem like it should be here already and the end of the year just a week away too. Where has this year gone?!?

I hope you had a good weekend and got plenty of rest and play and shopping and stamping and football in. Wait, if you did all that you're probably tired.... maybe that's why I'm tired! *Smacks myself on the forehead* LOL! Oh well, hope you had a good one at least.

Speaking of football, it is Monday so it's time for a quick run down. Not too much longer for this and then some of you will get a break. Dallas won big over Tampa Bay in a rare Saturday Night game. Can I just say I thought I was going a little crazy when I saw this on the screens at work on a Saturday night? It was however a nice addition. Yesterday brought happiness as Miami beat Buffalo and the Saints beat the Vikings. The lowpoint in the day came when the Redskins beat the Giants for the second time this year. SMH! Now for the game of the day, the Pats vs the Broncos, Tom vs Timmy. WOW! What a game! You just can not count Timmy T out. I don't think anyone would have anticipated he and the Broncos would have done as well as they did against Tom and the Pats. Great game with the Pats coming out on top but Broncos still having a respectable showing. So impressed.

Ok, So if anyone knows anyone over at Utah Divas I'm trying to play along with them and their MDS Mondays. They say to upload your cards to theirs but there's no link and I tried e-mailing and commenting but got no response, so if anyone knows them and can get me in touch with them I would love to get in touch so I can really play along with them for real. Until then I'll just do what I can.

This weeks challenge was to create a project for the Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays etc. Here's what I came up with for my second ever MDS project-


And for the inside-


I was very happy with how it turned out, especially the distressing around the edges (go figure!) I was trying for a sponged look and think I came pretty close by taking the "distressed page" and applying it a couple of times at different angles and different opacities.

I don't remember the name of this set but it's in the basic MDS set as I haven't purchased any additional downloads. It came together really quick too. I have to say I'm really enjoying using MDS and learning how to use it. I hope you have it and are enjoying it too. If not, I hope you have it on your Holiday wish list, it's pretty Amazing! I really do wish I could just figure out how to make it shine on here then it would be Perfect!

That's all I have for today. I hope you liked it and I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see what I have for you. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Don't forget to check out my ONLINE STORE. Our online Clearance is going on with over 200 new items just added at up to 80% off. Designer paper at only $1.99, pretty Cool!

Thanks again for stopping by,
Till next time-

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan