Friday, December 23, 2011

Last Minute Cuteness & Chocolate- Is There A Better Combination?

Pin It
Hey y'all. TGIF!!!! Are you all ready for Sunday? I've still got a few last minute gifts to get/ make, a Pumpkin Cheesecake to bake and then I'll be ready. Now, if I just didn't have to work tonight and tomorrow night I'd be set. :-) Do you have all your little gifts and crafty holiday touches ready? If not, today's post is for you.

First though- If you follow me or saw yesterday's post  , you know my best friend (guy) Jason had a birthday yesterday and due to a little mail-mix-up he had to view his Birthday card here on line with the rest of you. Now, like I said he is very supportive of me and he tells me how nice my cards are (What a guy, right?), but he gave me the Nicest compliment yesterday about his card, which by the way he totally saw the hidden surprise. (That's my man!) He told me I was "Wicked good at making those (cards)." How nice is that?!? Totally made my day. Then he told me, it would be sitting on his desk when he went back to work. He is sooo fab and it's so funny how in sync we are and will say or text the same thing to each other at the same time. How scary for him. He just tells me to get out of his brain and laughs. In fact we did it last night when we were texting about the cards. Soooo Funny. I ask him often why we aren't married and then I remember I'm opposed to marriage (for me) and why would I want to ruin such an Amazing Friendship. Silly Shan! Any-hoo, just wanted to let you know he liked his card and I hope you did too.

For today's project I created little holiday baskets filled with chocolate yumminess for my co-workers. They come together so quick and are so easy, you can make all you need before the big day with plenty of time left over. In fact making them will take you less time than it takes me to write this post and not much more than it takes you to read it. The original idea came from Angie Judah's post HERE. I changed mine up just a little from her original to work with what I had on hand and I have to say I really liked how they turned out.

Here they are-


Aren't they cute? and they only use a 6 x 6 piece of  DSP. You could crank out 4 from one sheet of DSP in no time at all. I used some Holly Beary Boquet and Letters to Santa DSP for these little Nom holders. If you like the Holly Beary Boquest DSP fon't forget it is only here for a limited time and will be gone Jan. 3rd. It has some really pretty glimmer designs in it and most of it can be used year long, so don't wait too long and then wish you had some.

Here's another pic that shows a little more of them filled-


Each one has 4 little sections plus the center section. I put two Hershey's miniatures in each section plus some White Chocolate Peppermint Kisses and then more Kisses in the center. They hold a deceptively large amount of nommy goodness.

In the original design there was a metal "O" ring holding the sides together. Instead of this ring I used coordinating bakers twine which I strung through the holes and knotted. I then tied a bow with my ribbon, looping it through the twine to secure it and then as you can see in the pictures I looped the twine around the center of each bow and then secured the gift-tag with the twine. You can also run your ribbon through the holes instead of twine if you use the bigger punch on your Crop-A-Dile or a nice sized hole punch. I made coordinating tags from the Tags Till Christmas set, punched it out with my Scalloped Square Punch, and attached it to a coordinating piece of c/s for a little added stiffness. I also shredded some coordinating c/s, to add as decorative filler, to the sections, but I have to admit it was late and I was a little tired and probably should have made more for a little nicer effect, but you still get the picture. Also, in the original video some of the scoring is done with a ruler. I did all of my scoring on my Simply Scored Tool. I just rotated the paper so the top & bottom points were in a channel and a side point was against the side.

*Tip*- If you trace down the channel with your stylus you can lay a place holder at the lower end of the channel so you know where your bottom point should go. Now you know where to place the bottom point after every turn. This is especially helpful if you are making multiples of this design.



Here's a close-up. I love how our DSP has coordinating paper on the inside so it's pretty too. Are you inspired to finish up your holiday to-do-list now? I hope so. Grab a bag of chocolates, put a few to the side for yourself (you do have to keep up your strength after all) some DSP, and some beautiful binding and get ready for the smiles your gift is sure to bring to both you and your gift's recipient. Don't forget these would be great for anytime of the year. Once you make these I know it will be something that you come back to time and time again.

If you liked today's project, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

That's all I have for today. I hope your day is Amazing and you get everything crossed off your to-do-list and then get plenty of time for Family, Friends and of course Designing.

If you need supplies to recreate this project you can SHOP HERE-

Project Recipe-
Cardstock- Holly Beary Boquet  and Letters to Santa DSP, For the tags- Very Vanilla, Real Red, Garden Green, and Pacific Point.
Ink- All Satmpin Write Markers- Real red, Garden Green and Pacific Point
Stamps- Tags Till Christmas
Punch- Scalloped Square
Accesories- Simpy Scored Tool, Cherry Cobler and Island Indigo Bakers Twine, Crop-A-Dile, Red Riding Hood Taffeta Ribbon and Simply Celery Grosgrain, SNAIL

I'll be back this weekend with a few posts. I hope you'll find your way back here soon.

Till next time-

Be Safe,
Shan




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan