Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dual Sneak Peak - Framelets & Every Day Elegance

Pin It
Hey y'all. Hard to believe Wednesday's here already. Before you know it the week will be done and so will the year. Am I the only one that finds this hard to believe?

Well, with a new year comes a new Mini catalog and today's card showcases items from that as well as from our exciting Sale-A-Bration that starts January 24th. Normally I'm not a "Vintagey" person but I'm really loving the new Everyday Elegance DSP from SAB. Such a beautiful collection. Can't wait for you to see it and to get it for FREE! Yep, I said for FREE! For today's card though I went went with the "vintagey" feel for the whole card and kind of surprised myself. Here it is-


I started with a base of Peach Parfait. I like this color but often have trouble finding color combinations to use it with and luckily the Everyday Elegance DSP works beautifully with it! I also stood my card up tent style (not sure if that's what it's really called) and I almost never do that. In fact I don't think I have any cards here shown in that style. I ran the card front through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. I thought it kind of picked up on the design in the DSP. I sponged over it lightly with CrumbCake Classic Ink to make the images stand out a little more. The DSP is already antiqued around the edges so I had to sponge the other 2 edges (the cut edges) to make them appear equal and I used more CrumbCake for this.  I decided to use some  lace to cover the edge between the DSP and card base and actually antiqued it a little as well. Boy was my CrumbCake getting a workout on this card! I used SNAIL to adhere the lace to my DSP and then Tombow to adhere that to my card base. I also used my Corner Rounder Punch to round the bottom corners also something I don't normally do.

For the focal point I used the Fresh Vintage (an OxyMoron I think) stamp set from our upcoming Sale-A-Bration. I used my Blender Pens and In Color Ink Pads to color right on the the stamp in Peach Parfait and Pool Party and used my Old Olive Stampin Write Marker and then stamped on Very Vanilla c/s. I then used my new Heart Framelet to center and frame the image and cut it out and then while the frame was still in place I sponged with, what else, CrumbCake and then removed the framelet. If you look closely you can see a faint cream edge. I then took the next size up and used it to cut out another heart and then embossed that one with the same Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder I used earlier on the cardbase. This time however I flipped it over and showed the debossed side. I sponged it as well to enhance the embossing. I adhered the two together with Tombow and then used dimensionals to pop them up off the DSP layer.

WOW! A lot of antiquing for me! Can you believe it? LOL...

Here's a look at the inside-


The sentiment is from Sprinkled Expressions and it's stamped in Peach Parfait. The design in the bottom is once again colored in with my Blender pens and Classic ink pads. I stamped off once to decrease the intensity of the color and then sponged around the edge of the Very Vanilla c/s. A quick rounding of the edges before adhering it to the card base and all done. I kept the inside simple since the outside had so much going on, but I think it still keeps with my theory that the inside should still be pretty. What do you think?

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you like it and I hope you're getting excited about the new products that are coming next month! I know I am. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you have an Amazing day and you come back soon!

Till next time-

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan