Monday, November 14, 2011

A Sunny Monday Thank You

Pin It
Hey y'all! I hope this Monday finds you warm, dry and well rested from the long Holiday weekend. Here in the DMV the sun is weakly trying to shine and it's relatively warm compared to where it has been. (It's in the 50's and expected to be in the 60's) In fact I only had to wear one jacket and no gloves or scarve today and the space heaters are not even on yet in my office so I'm a happy girl!

Now, if I was only somewhere with the sun warmly shining on my face and the water either lapping at my feet or gently rocking me, that would be Amazing! What?!? A girl has to have dreams....

Did you have a good weekend? I got to spend Saturday afternoon stamping with my buddy April. We were working on swaps for our upcoming Regional type meeting with Janet Wakeland. We're so excited! I got to work on them some more yesterday while I watched football and they are almost done. YEA! Sometimes the simple looking cards are not simple at all!!!!!!

Sadly though, it is Monday and you know what that means, (besides being back at work) yep the Sunday Football recap. I'm a southern girl, what can I say. College ball had a big  Huge weekend. FSU beat Miami, S. Carolina beat Florida, VT beat out GT, but when it came to the following, they were just blow-outs. Alabama over Miss. State, UGA over Auburn and LSU over W. Kentucky. These opponents just failed to show-up....SMH.

Sunday Football, now that made me a Happy Girl! I was def doing the Happy Girl Dance around the house. Cowbows were in the house. Dolphins tore it up in Miami, and of course by default that means that the Redskins lost in a fabulous fashion! (Double Score!) Then to cap it all off, the Pats soundly beat the Jets! Oh such a good day! It's making my Monday, just thinking about it.

Now, that Sunday's all caught up let's get on to today's card.

Today's card is a little bit of a departure for me. I don't usually do lots of layers, but I did for this card. I wanted to try something different and I have to say I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I actually made this card about two months ago and have been waiting to post it and today seemed like a good day. Even though there are lots of layers it still has a Clean feel about it.


I used a base of Daffodil Delight cardstock. I wish it showed up a little better here. Such a sunny, cheery color for a Monday morning. I layered it with Whisper White and some DSP from the Brights Pack that I got with my starter kit.

I used the stamp set For All You Do, which I also got as part of my starter kit. Such a versatile set, and Ilove that I got to pick it out instead of having someone pick out the sets for me.

I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the solid image of flowers in the center. That thing is AMAZING! I will say that it takes a little bit of time and practice to get the hang of, but once you master it, it will become a staple and a favorite tool in your line-up.

For the inside, I kept it simple and clean as well.


I simply stamped the sentiment and the little butterfly from the same stamp set and my card was done.

If you're wondering if your eyes are deceiving you, nope, they're not... not a hint of glimmer or shimmer to be found on this card. (This was before Tink took up permanent residence in the studio)

So there you have it, today's simple Sunny Thank You Card. This one would be fairly easy to make multiples of and have on hand or to give as a gift.

While we're talking about Thank-you's, let me once again say Thanks, for taking the time out of your busy day to take a moment and stop by here. I really appreciate you!

As always, if you need supplies to recreate this card or make others, you can shop in my online store 24/7. Just click HERE and get everything you need. Now's a great time to get all your Holiday shopping done and if you book a workshop or are a hostess you can get even more benefits. Contact me for more info.

I hope you enjoyed today's card. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you'll come back soon to see what else I have for you.

Till the next time,

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan