Monday, November 7, 2011

StampCamp Success

Pin It
Hey y'all! I hope you had as good of a weekend as I did! There's too much too tell in one post, so I'm going to do an extra post tomorrow or Wednesday with a card from this weekends camp.

Did you have a good weekend? I hope so! 
Mine was AMAZING!!!!!

Well, first off, Friday night started off questionable, but then quickly turned around. I left the office late but ended up not having to go to my second job (Score!), so I had the evening off and was able to do some "spring cleaning" and had my house looking all spiffy for  my Saturday StampCamp.

Saturday's StampCamp arrived and though it didn't have the turnout I had expected (I had a pregnant lady no show, (legitimate no show), and another no-show that had surgery, (I'll give her that one too), and the last no show totally flaked on the timing,( ehhh ok). But my girls that came, had a great time! More to follow on that.

Sunday came and we went to the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show. We walked around and sampled all sorts of good tatsting food and sauces. I dogsit for my good friend Sharon sometimes and you know what she did for me? She bought my ticket for me to the event. Yep! How sweet was that? She got a special deal on Groupon. Have you used that yet? I haven't, but it's pretty cool. Oh, I forgot to mention the BEST part of the ticket.....It was for Paula Deen's Cooking Show Y'ALL! OMG!!!!!! She's My Favorite! So Cool! I got her New Cookbook and it's signed and everything. I can't wait to try out some new recipes. Now, because it was sunday you know we have to have a quick recap so here it is....
If you follow football, and let's face it, y'all are all Fabulous, so I know most of you do, if for no other reason than to see the amazing men and to know what's going on with your men (but I digress), The Skins lost Again!, The Cowboys won Again, The Pats lost sadly (actually it's "Sadly the Pats lost" but since it made me so sad I think I'll leave it that way), but in a early holiday Miracle the Dolphins had a Resounding Victory, so all in all a good Football day.
So, was your weekend as good as mine? I sure hope so, because mine was AMAZING!!!!

This weekend's StampCamp was a success! We did a Thanksgiving card, 2 Fall-Themed all purpose cards, a Christmas card and a Pumpkin Project. I think I challenged them a little for first time stampers but they rose to the challenge and created amazing cards and projects. They learned to watercolor, to color on stamps, and to use the Simply Score Tool. They used wood mount and clear mount stamps, they stamped directly on to card stock and they cut out and mounted images. Looking back, it may have been more than a beginners class, good thing they didn't know that!


Here's Miss Marie using the Simply Scored Tool. I may have to get a second one of these. I told them how much I love to use it for folding my cards and let me tell you they folded everyone of theirs that way too. It makes such clean fold lines that way.



Here's Miss Sharon getting ready to put some Dazzling Diamonds on one of her cards. Tink was not needed in the Studio Saturday. Let me tell you, these girls Love themselves some shine! Ooooh! I knew I picked the right group for my first StampCamp!



Look at the smiles on their faces and the beautiful cards and pumpkins they made! Too bad you can't see the smile on my face too! They should be smiling, don't you think? They made some Beautiful cards, and the pumpkins are sooo cute, I'll be showing those on this Thursday's EWT.

The good news is they had a great time, and they will be coming back for more StampCamps. How about you? I have A Just Christmas Cards Camp this weekend. Since Friday is a holiday I have opened up a class from 10-2 and I have another one Saturday from 11-3. If you order the supplies to make your Christmas cards from me I will cut all of your stock so all you have to do is assemble it. You can even come over to the studio and we can have a assembly party. Contact me HERE for more details.

Well that's all for today. I'll be back tomorrow with a beautiful card from this weekend to show you. I hope you have a great day. Stay warm.

As always, if you need to get supplies for cards or projects, you can shop 24/7 in my online store HERE.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan