Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pretty Pines and Poinsettias (Try Saying That Three Times Fast) A CCMC #176

Pin It

Hey y'all! I hope this post finds you warm and dry and working your way to a fabulous Thanksgiving. It's wet here in the DMV but at least it's not cold so I'm happy about that. :-)

You know what else I'm happy about? The Pat's kicked butt last night! Boy they started off slow.... I mean s.l.o.w., but my boy Tom and the rest of the team kicked it into high gear and tore it up! Ok, so now the obligatory football references are done until Friday. Sorry, It's a Football heavy week.

Wanna know what else it's heavy with? Stampin! I decided to try my hand at another challenge. I saw this one over at Create with Connie and Mary.
                                         
Create Sketches Landscape-016

I've really been wanting to do more challenges because I think they will help to get this Scaredy Cat out of her Hidey Hole. Challenges are especially hard for me because of my stamping OCD, more on that tomorrow, but that's one of the reasons why I want to do more and to do well at them. So here's another attempt. Let's see what everyone thinks.


Here's my card-

       
I used the Pines and Poinsettias stamp set and the Holly Berry DSP. I just love how they go together so seamlessly!

I started with a base of Real Red c/s. Next I used a layer a Very Vanilla c/s but do you see what I did? I made my own co-ordinating DSP, just like EWT #6, using the holly berries and the swirls/flourish from the Pines and Poinsettias stamp set. I colored the holly berries with my Stampin Write Markers in Real Red and Wild Wasabi and then stamped off once before stamping randomly(augh) around the c/s. For the swirls/flourish I inked up with CrumbCake, stamped off and then stamped randomly (I know Random, AUGH!!!) around the c/s. I then edged the piece softly with CrumbCake for a soft finish. If you ask me, Stampin' Up should have made this part of their collection! Just saying....

For the color block panel I used another panel of Real Red c/s and this time I used Stampin' Up's DSP. I tell you what though, their paper is sooo pretty it was hard to decide which papers to pick! Since I had edged the bottom layer with CrumbCake I edged all of these, as well as the Real Red panel, too. I adhered the DSP with Tombow so it would stay put and went to work on my center medallion.

I colored the flowers with my Stampin' Write Markers in Real Red, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, and So Saffron for shading and the greenery in Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery. I used the Large Scallop Circle Border Punch to punch it out. I sponged the edges in CrumbCake and then, I'm excited to say....wait for it... Tink is in the HOUSE!!!!!!

Here's a closer view-


Just a little Dazzling Diamonds around the edges and on the flowers and a little rhinestone in the center of the Poinsettia to finish it off. I think she must have been tired because she wasn't running on 100% Pixie Dust at this point. A few dimensionals to pop it up, a few more under the entire color block panel and the front was done.

And because the outside shouldn't have all the fun-


I stamped the sentiment from Four for the Holidays in Soft Suede, on a background of Very Vanilla c/s. This is really becoming one of my go to colors. The flower in the bottom is actually the the second stamp of the one from the medallion on the front. Tink was all revved up for this one and hit it full force.... so pretty! I missed her!

Well, that's it for today's card. Pretty Pines and Poinsettias, Pretty Pines and Poinsettias, Pretty Pines and Poinsettias, Augh!!!!!!!  Just Kidding.... :-) Well only about the saying it 3 times part!

Hope you enjoyed the card. Here's what you need to make it-
Cardstock- Real Red, Very Vanilla, Holly Berry DSP
Ink- Classic Ink Pad- CrumbCake , Soft Suede, Stampin' Write Markers- Real Red, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, So Saffron
Punch- Large Scallop Circle Border Punch
Accessories-  Tombow, Dimensionals, Two-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Rhinestones, Stampin Sponges

You can get everything you need to make this card or others at my Online Store 24/7.

And while you're there don't forget- to check out our Online Extravaganza-




Online Extravaganza, Stampin' Up!'s annual sale to kick off the holiday shopping season, will begin 
Monday, November 21, 2011, and run through Wednesday, November 30, 2011
.
You may place orders either through my Online Store or by e-mailing me directly at angelshannona@gmail.com

You'll want to be sure to log in to my Online Store beginning  
Monday, November 21
, to take advantage of great savings!

-FREE digital downloads valued at $40 when you buy My Digital Studio Express,
-60 percent off select Designer Fabrics,
-30 percent off an exclusive ribbon bundle!

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I'll see you back here tomorrow.
Till then I hope you stay warm and dry!

Happy Stamping,
Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the touches of glitter! Really makes a festive card! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful holiday card - love the sparkle. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little Christmas card. Love the sparkles! Great job on the sketch. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the pixie dust is fabulous! I could just sprinkle that everywhere, couldn't you?! Wonderful job stamping the background cardstock--really like how that plays to the dsp and the focal point. Great job with the sketch and so glad you joined us at CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of this set for the challenge! Love your extra 'sparkle'! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card using a pretty set! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is quite cute, love the glitter! Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan