Monday, November 21, 2011

I Love You Guys!

Pin It
Hey y'all! I hope you're having a great Monday! It's a bit overcast and drizzly here in the DMV but it just can't detract from the weekend I had and the week to come... I sure hope you feel the same way!

Now you know since it's Monday let's get the Football out of the way so we can get to the really exciting stuff, not that Football's not exciting, really exciting, but OH MY GOODNESS is the Stamping so EXCITING this week. So, here we go, College Ball, HELLO! The South Rose Again this weekend! Yes Sirree! All my southern teams showed up. LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Miami, Auburn. FSU came to play but sadly lost in the final minutes in a hotly contested game against VA for the first loss to Va ever at home, but what a game!

In NFL play yesterday the biggest happiness maker was the Dallas-Washington game. The simple fact that Dallas won meant Washington lost and if you follow my blog at all you know that means I was doubly happy as I have 3 teams, The Cowbows, The Patriots, and anyone who plays the Redskins. Tonight, the Pats play so we'll see if tomorrow finds me as happy or just tired from staying up late to watch MNF.

Now, on to the really good stuff! :-)

The weekend started off on Friday night with the evening off from work (Score!) and me getting to go to a special team event for team members who had promoted in the past few months with my upline Robin, and Jan Wakeland. (Double Score!) What a treat!!!! We got to have dinner, chat, stamp and make a project. I walked in to hear, "Were your ears burning?", but more on that later in the week..... It was a fun evening, filled with laughter and friendship.

Saturday started bright and early and we had a huge meeting, with Jan, and people who drove almost 2 1/2 hours to come. We had swaps and contests and give-aways. It was Fabulous. Lots of great ideas and lots of tips, plus we got to do make and takes so really  a fun day. So many really creative people, I was just blown away by some of the talent, and getting to meet and connect with these fabulous ladies, what a bonus!

Yesterday, I got to decompress, watch some ball and stamp. Silly me, I didn't take pictures of my swap, so I had to do another one so I could take a picture of it. SMH!!!!! Also, I did a card for another sketch challenge that I'll post tomorrow.  And on top of all that, as if that wasn't enough fabulousness, I got an e-mail from my momma, who follows me on here, that said she was proud of how I was doing with this. Well, it just doesn't get any better than that, now does it? So you see, it was a really good weekend. I hope yours was as good as mine!

So, are you ready for today's card? It's my swap from this weekend's event. We did Valentine's themed swaps. I know it seems a little early since it's not even Christmas, but you know it's never to early to show a little love and I Love You Guys!!!!!!!

It's really my first punch art card, although I didn't plan it to be that way. It also seemed a really simplistic idea until I had to do 32 of them.... I wasn't sure I liked the design so much then. Just kidding, I'm still in love with it. The only variance from the original idea was the addition of the polka dot embossing folder for the background. (Which was Robin Merriman's idea, Thanks Girl!)

The concept was being wrapped up in love's embrace, you know like a big hug.
I started with a card base of Whisper White cut at 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 folded at 4 1/4 to make a square. I then layered that with a piece of 4 inch square Whisper White cardstock I had run through the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. I adhered this to the front with Tombow.

I used my Word Window punch (I keep telling you how it's my fav) to make the arms out of Whisper White cardstock and angled them over the front of my Large Heart, punched from Red Glimmer Paper, and just folded them up the back. They fit perfectly, no trimming required. They overlapped slightly in the front and I adhered them there with Tombow. I then adhered the Small Punched Glimmer Heart with Tombow.  I used 3 dimensionals to raise it up and adhered it to the card front.

For the sentiment I used one of the sayings from the stamp set Three Little Words. I inked it in Basic Black, stamped in on Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the Word Window Punch. I then threaded it back in (using scraps of cardstock) and trimmed the edges to make it smaller and layered it on Glimmer Red Paper I punched with the Word Window Punch. I Tombowed the two layers together and then finished it off with two little Rhinestones and then popped the whole thing up with two dimensionals.

Here's the inside-


I added another sweet little glimmer heart to the inside. Now all that's waiting is a hand written love letter. It's a simple design, but it got a good response at the swap. I hope you like it as well. Like I said, It's really easy to make, as long as you're not making them in bulk! LOL!

Well, that's today's bit o' love for today. I really do love and appreciate all of you for stopping by here! It makes my day. I hope I bring you just a little bit of the joy you bring me!

Don't forget today starts Online Extravaganza....
JUST ANNOUNCED!!!



Online Extravaganza, Stampin' Up!'s annual sale to kick off the holiday shopping season, will begin
Monday, November 21, 2011, and run through Wednesday, November 30, 2011
.
You may place orders either through my Online Store or by e-mailing me directly at stampwithrobin@yahoo.com

You'll want to be sure to log in to my Online Store on
Monday, November 21
, to take advantage of great savings!

-FREE digital downloads valued at $40 when you buy My Digital Studio Express,
-60 percent off select Designer Fabrics,
-30 percent off an exclusive ribbon bundle!

And WOW - look at this!
There will be two items on sale for 24 hours only (November 21, 12:01 AM - 11:59 PM [MT]) That's 2:01 AM - 1:59 PM EST
-so make sure you don't miss the first 24 hours of Online Extravaganza!

Today's card supply list
Cardstock- Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper
Ink-Basic- Black
Big Shot- Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Extras-Word Window Punch,  Large Heart Punch, Small Heart Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Tombow, Dimensionals

That's all for today. Don't forget to check out the specials in the online extravaganza. I hope you'll come back tomorrow and see the card I have for you.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Till then,

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan