Monday, October 24, 2011

Not So Scary Treat Holder

Pin It
Booo!
Hey Y'all. Did I get ya? :-) Just one more week till Halloween, so I thought I'd do a Halloween post today. This is a Q&E, that's right a quick and easy, little treat holder for you to whip up for that special ghoul or goblin in your life. In fact I did this yesterday while talking to one of my best friends on the phone about coming to an upcoming stamp camp and she thought it was sooo cute! And guess what, she's so excited to learn how to make it. :-)

First though- I just want to say Thanks! Thanks, to everyone that has stopped by my little blog. I was at 206 hits this morning. Not a lot I know, but to me, soooo very exciting, so thanks again! Maybe we can get a little blog candy or something going for the next big numbers (hint, hint).

So, are you ready to see today's project? Ok, Here it is-


How cute is this? Ok, so totally not my idea? Wish I could claim it, but I can't, it's totally a CASE but I don't remember the person's name. If I find it, I'll come back and put it in here.

Anyways, this is really simple. Your base is Basic Black cardstock, just run it through your Big Shot with your Top Note Die. Your next layer is a piece of Old Olive cardstock. Lay it on the Top Note Die in the middle of die and run it through. Next, pick a piece of Designer Series Paper, I used a piece from our Frightful Sight DSP Collection. (You could use this treat holder throughout the year and simply change the color combinations and DSP.) My DSP was cut at 1 1/2 x 5 and placed at the center of the top note and I ran it through the Big Shot again. Now all that was left was the assembly.

I used Tombow adhesive to really get it to stick. SNAIL will not be sticky enough. You might also try  Sticky Strip, but Tombow worked for me. Adhere your DSP to your Old Olive layer and then I lightly sponged the edges with Grey just to add a little depth. Then, adhere those two layers to the base layer with Tombow, making sure to just put the Tombow around the edges (you want to make sure to leave room to put your goodies).

I then used my Crop-a-Dile to punch small holes in the center points and put in some Black Brads. I then flipped my Crop-a-Dile over and used the other side to punch a big hole up top to run some black ribbon through. The last thing I did was take my bone folder and gently, note that word - Gently, round the inside of my pocket. This gives it some dimension and allows it to more easily accept your candy offerings. Tombow and even Sticky Strip is strong but you have to remember it's only cardstock, so be gentle. I got my Kit-Kat in there with no problem and truth be told could have put something else in there as well.

This was so cute and so Q&E, I think I'm going to stir up a batch for work and class. Get it- Stir up a batch...lol. ok. :-)

So Tinkerbell, took the night off and Goth Tink was nowhere to be found. *tear* I'm kinda sad there's no glitter anywhere. Black Glitter is def going on the wish list.

Well, that's it for today. I hope you get out your Big Shot and your Top Note and start whipping these out for your ghouls and goblins and if you don't have a Big Shot, join my team and get one for FREE! That's right I said FREE! But you only have 1 week left, just 7 little days. If you join now, there's no obligation,  no commitment, just try it out, and you get a Free Big Shot or $100.00 in Free merchandise. What do you have to lose?

Hope you enjoyed today's project. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)  

Remember, you can shop in my online store 24/7, HERE to recreate this project or to create many others. Check back soon to see what else I have for you. As always if you make anything you see here, send me a link, or a pic, I'd love to see!

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan