Monday, October 3, 2011

Mondays were made for Chocolate

Pin It



Hey everyone! It's a rainy Monday here in the Nation's capitol (again!). You'd think we lived in Washington state and not Washington, D.C. Now though, we've added cold to the rain. We woke up to the 40's here this morning, I have to say I can find no conceivable reason why it should be this cold the first weekend in October! It's a Monday for sure. :(
You might be tempted to ask what can make a cold and rainy Monday better? Well, in my book there's one thing that makes everything better, even cold rainy Mondays. If you guessed Chocolate, you would be sooo very right!

I got to spend a lot of creative time this weekend in the upstairs studio (otherwise known as my kitchen, at the table). :) I got a chance to make some Chocolate, that I wouldn't even feel remotely bad about enjoying. I saw this last week when I was surfing the net looking for inspiration and I knew I needed to try and make something similar. Here's my guilt free Chocolate...
Doesn't it look yummy? I used my Simply Scored to make the chocolate pieces and to score the wrapper and the liner. I swear that was the best $30.00 I've spent in a long time. I think I've used it at least once a week since I got it. So much easier than my paper-cutter! I used a stamp set I got last year for free during a booking blitz, called Eat Chocolate. I was so bummed they didn't make that a regular catalog item. I used my Stampin' Write markers to color in the stamps before I stamped them. I used Tombow adhesive to secure the wrapper and liner around the bar and then secured the flaps with a Mini Glue-Dot. The small Scalloped Circle punch made the bite marks. How cute is this? It makes me smile just looking at it, and NO calories, well that makes me just about Giddy!

For the inside of the card, I used two more stamps from that same set. By coloring it in with my markers I was not only able to pick my colors, I was able to get just the part of the stamp I wanted for the inside of my card.
Isn't that little Bon-Bon cute? I used my Two-way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter to add a little sparkle to it and there you have it.... a card that made even my Cold Rainy Monday a little happier. I hope it makes your day a little brighter as well, regardless of where you live or what the weather's like outside.

Now just in case my card hasn't given you enough of a chocolate fix, why not head over to Cookiesandcups.com. I LOVE this Blog and  Shelly is Amazing! I got my Whoppers Brownie recipe on her site and today she gives another fabulous Chocolate recipe to chase away the gloom. Chubby-Hubby Bars...Oh Yes, I am going to be making these soon for the Chocoholics in my life, and by that I mean me + one. Here's a picture, but trust me on this, go to the site, but have a napkin ready, you're gonna DROOL!




Well, I hope you enjoyed my card and the link to the Amazing Noms! If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Remember you can shop HERE, 24/7 to get started making your own Guilt-Free Smile Makers.

Till next time,
Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan