Monday, October 17, 2011

Letters to Santa Swaps

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you're all having a good day. It's not raining here, (that's coming tomorrow,surprise, surprise), the Redskins lost, the Patriots won and even though the Cowboys lost to the Pats it was a close game so all in all, not bad for a Monday here in the good ole DMV. I hope you're able to say the same.

Are you ready to get to today's cards? I have 3 to show you. Yep, I said 3! Yesterday we had our team meeting and made fall wreaths with our Simply Scored Tools (It's so Amazing). The wreath is too, it's just a love, hate relationship. Class info to come later, and pictures too. Anyways, we had our meeting and I was Swap hostess and I chose Holiday Stamp Cards as the theme because I thought it would be a great opportunity to get some ideas for upcoming classes. We have such amazing stampers in my team and I knew not only would they make great cards, but that I would be challenged to deliver amazing cards as well.

One day I was cruising You-Tube for ideas and saw this card and knew I wanted to CASE it and when it came time for our swap I knew it was time. It's definitely one that you will need to watch the video for to get the measurements and cutting just right. I had to watch it a couple of times. I tweaked it just the tiniest bit to make it my own and am really excited to show it to you. You can see the original video HERE.

TIP(S)-  For making these cards come out awesome!
1.-When you first make this card make it with the video. Don't try to do it from memory. Ask me how I know!
2- Write the measurements down! They are NOT regular measurements. Don't think you can just remember them. Ask me how I know!
3-See how that center piece is angled? Does it remind you of High School Geometry? Yeah, Well I can save your live 30 ways from Sunday and you'd never know it had been in danger, but I can't balance my check book with out my I-phone App so don't get me started on too much mathematical, (even cutting these cards is too much sometimes) Well, anyways. it's one of those Geometry shapes, and you can stand it up like it is now or you can lay it on it's side. Don't lay it on it's side! It will only Confuse you and cause none of your pieces to fit and cause you to doubt that you cut your pieces correctly and cause you to cut everything out again. Trust me on this!!!!!!   Ask me how I know!
4. Last but not least, if you're using different DSP for the sides make sure you always cut your DSP facing the same way. If you flip it over because it will be easier to see your marks on the other side of the paper, your angles will end up facing the opposite directions. Trust me on this as well. Or don't, but just remember I am trying to save you some DSP. Ask me how I know! SMH!

See, all these mistakes I make so you don't have to. What a great friend I am!

I made the card in 3 pattern combinations. 1 just like the original and 2 that are different Here's the first one.


Instead of using Crystal Effects at the heel, toe and cuff, I used my, you guessed it, Two-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. I added the Rhinestone in the Center like in the video. I then threaded one of the new Jingle Bells from the Holiday Mini Catalog on some of our Linen Thread, knotted it and tied it around the stocking. To make sure it didn't slip down, I secured it with a Mini Glue Dot. I then took a 6 inch piece of Linen Thread and tied a bow and secured it above the bell with another Mini Glue Dot.

Now for the inside-
I used the Merry and Bright stamp from the Merry and Bright set and colored it in with my Early Espresso Stampin Write Marker and stamped it on a base of Whisper White Cardstock. I then took the 25 stamp from the same set and colored it in with Old Olive and Riding Hood Red. I stamped off once and then stamped, so the colors wouldn't be quite as bright. I then used the Two-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds and WOW, even with my BB, it's all lit up and purty like!

You can see the original card HERE. Check out BoyGirlBoyDesigns when you get a chance. They have some really cute stuff there!

Here's the next one. Same concept, different color combination and pattern. I used Marina Mist for the base here.
I actually meant to go in and add a little glitter to some of the ornaments and forgot to. :-( My B!

And here's the inside-
I stamped both the ornaments and the sentiments from the Merry and Bright set in Marina Mist onto a base of Whisper White Cardstock and then went back and blinged out the ornaments. Can't have just the outside being pretty, now can we?

For the 3rd card I used Marina Mist again for the base but I used a different DSP for the center panel. The reverse side of DSP that should go with the center panel is a Crumb Cake stripe and I plan on putting it with a Cherry Cobbler Cardstock Base but I was having some issues with that so you'll see that card at a later date. But, I wanted to show you this to show you the versatility of the papers.

-
And now for the inside-
Once again, both stamps are from the Merry and Bright stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment in Marina Mist. The stamp in the corner matches the stamps on the front. I colored it using My Stampin Write Markers in Early Espresso and Marina Mist, stamping off once and then stamping onto my Whisper White carstock. I then used My Two-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to accent the ornament.
What do you think? I hope you like it. It's a  departure from my normal card and to be honest I was going to wait and put it in my End of the Week Technique Series because it is so different from any card I had seen, but you know what?.... I couldn't wait! I hope you like it and I really hope you try it! I have already made some Thank you cards with it as well and I think it will probably be one of my signature style specialty cards. If you make one, please send me a pic or a link. I'd love to see it!

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

As always, if you'd like to get the  supplies to make these cards or cards like them you can shop 24/7 in Shannon's Online Store  .    Check back later in the week to see what's new and for the the End of the Week Technique or better yet put me in your reader, sign up for e-mail alerts or follow me so you don't have to keep checking back in and you get to see what new in the world of glitter (lol).

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate you!

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan