Monday, October 31, 2011

BOO! Happy Halloween to You

Pin It
Happy Halloween Y'all!
I hope everyone is warm and dry today and has their power back on. For those of you not on the East Coast or who didn't see the news this weekend (or the WeatherChannel) we had a Nor'easter come through. Let me tell you, it is still October and it is NOT supposed to snow in October. Yes, I used that awful 4-letter word, but notice I used small letters and didn't give it Caps...that'll show it!

Well, the wet stuff hit here as I was on the way to my WOW Christmas Card class at my team leader, Robin Merriman's house. If you haven't checked her blog out, check her out here at http://www.trinityde​signstudio.blogspot.​com/   She has some really amazing stuff! Well, it continued on and thankfully, moved right on up the coast sparing the DMV most of the damage. Some of our outlying areas had up to 13 inches though.

The tragedies continued yesterday as Miami somehow managed to throw away the lead they had at halftime to lose in the last 5 minutes, Brady and the Pats barely managed to show up for their game (hopefully, they have now learned that onside kicks simply do not turn out well for their franchise), and the Cowboys, God love the South and the Cowboys, well, they finally showed up to their own game and at least got on the board.

There were however 3 high points to my day yesterday-
1- The Redskins showed up to their game only to let their QB lay on the ground under the opposing team (tee-hee) and they never made it on the score-board
2- I got breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next 2 weeks cooked, packaged, and frozen including extra homemade Italian Wedding Soup. (Yea me!)
3- I got to Stamp!

Every Halloween I see all of our cute Halloween stamps and somehow I still have none. I still don't know how that has happened. SMH! I generally try to use all SU materials, but seeing as I didn't have any cute little Halloween Stamps, and I  had these, I made do. I vow to get Halloween stamps as soon as the catalog comes out next year!

My sweetie loves Halloween. He loves to decorate for it and to see the kids all dressed up, so I knew I had to make a special card for him. So here's his card-


I used a base of Basic Black cardstock. I layered that with Whisper White and then a layer from our Frightful Sight DSP. I knotted and tied a length of black grosgrain ribbon on top of the DSP, wrapping and securing the edges underneath with SNAIL adhesive. This whole layer was secured with Tombow (you know how much I love that stuff!) to keep it secure.

I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure my little fellas were aligned and spaced just like I wanted them. I tell you I don't know what I would do without that thing. It's so funny that at WOW this weekend some of my team-members that were also there were calling me OCD. I do believe that's my new nick-name. Seriously though, that thing is a Must-Have in your stamping toolbox!

I colored in my little dudes with my Stampin Write markers and at first only my shimmery dude got a little visit from Tink, and then I thought why should he be the only one?

"Spread The LOVE Tink!!!!!!"  I said, and just like that, look how AMAZING they all look!

Here's the inside-



I figured the boys shouldn't have all the fun, so I let Tink have at it here too, and made my sweet little witchy girl sooo cute.

Well, I hope you liked today's card. I hope my sweetie likes it too! I'm off to do work and study (I've got a project due Wed.) I'll be back at the end of the week for another installment of End of the Week Technique and maybe earlier if I can get a few minutes. If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Hope you all have a great day. Don't forget today is the last day to get your FREE Big Shot or FREE $100.00 in merchandise for signing up as a Demonstrator. No Tricks just Treats! The offer ends tonight at Midnight MST. Contact me so we can get you your FREE Treats!

Till next time,

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan