Friday, September 23, 2011

Snow Swirled in September

Pin It
Hey everyone! Just popping in to say Hey and do a new post.
It's a rainy and dreary Friday here in the Nation's Capital on the first day of Fall and already I am missing Summer and dreading Winter! They are calling for Flood Warnings and Watches here and it's so sad because so many here are still recovering from the last few weeks of storms. But of course, it could always be worse....it could be SNOWING!!!!!! AUGH!

Now, those of you that know me, know I don't believe in the cold. No Siree-Bob! If it's below 72 degrees, then it's just too darn cold, and since the production of SNOW (Yes, I believe there's a reason God made it a 4-Letter word) generally requires temperatures of significantly below 72 degrees, you can see why I am not a fan of it. Sure it's Pretty and Sparkly, when you're inside looking out and have hot chocolate or something/someone more substantial to warm you, but really it's cold and wet and it makes you cold and wet and let's face it those are two things that never go well together.

Besides if you're looking for Pretty and Sparkly look no further than this card. Feel free to get some hot chocolate or something/someone more substantial to share it with (I 'm ok with that, really). I promise you it won't leave you cold or wet! YEA!!!!!
I'm so excited the glitter showed up! I used a base of Tempting Turquoise, not a typical Holiday color but I swear my upline Robin did a Christmas card class with this set and color combination some years back (even though I can't find it and it seems like I have all of them, I can't bear to give them away...control issues, I know) and I thought I'd try it with a new card-style.
I used my Simply Scored Tool, seriously this thing is AMAZING, I even used it last night for marking card stock I was cutting for an upcoming swap-So Easy! I took a piece of 8.5 x 11 Tempting Turquoise and cut it in half at 4 1/4. I then scored it at 1 3/8, 2 1/2, 4 3/8, 6, and 8 1/4, folded it and reinforced it with my bone folder and the base was done. I then cut another base piece at 4 1/2 x 5 for the upright back piece. I used Whisper White cardstock cut at 4 x 4 7/8, 4 x 1 1/4, and 4 x 1 5/8 for the additional pieces.

I used my Trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the tree in just the right spot and to get my greeting just right but all the snow flakes were stamped randomly (Don't get me started, and yes at one point I did have to turn over the paper over and FYI.com Tempting Turquoise is a very saturated color and shows through, Ask me how I know.) All images were stamped with Tempting Turquoise and then with Versamark except on the upright piece I stamped some snowflakes with just Versamark and then used Dazzling Diamonds to make everything shine.  I also traced the swirls and flakes on the tree with my Two-Way Glue Pen so the Dazzling Diamonds would stick to it as well. (You can never have too much Glitter... So Sayeth Shan, So sayeth us all!) I added a few Rhinestones to the tree for a little additional Bling and there you have it- All the Pretty and Sparkly of a Snow Swirled Winter  Day without the Cold and Wet (or the bad driving ... you have no idea how bad it is here in the DMV! SHEESH!)

Some items I used on this card -
Snow Swirled Stamp Set
Tempting Turquoise Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Tempting Turquoise Ink Pad
Versamark Pad
Tombow Adhesive
Simply Scored Scoring Tool
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

As always you can purchase these items and more 24 hours a day at my online store ShansDesignStudio.Stampinup.net

I hope you liked my card. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you have a great weekend (and a dry one).
Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan