Monday, September 26, 2011

A Quick and Easy Contradiction

Pin It
Hey y'all! How are you today?
Well it's another dreary Monday here in the Nations Capitol. Here's what I mean-
We're waiting to find out if we're going to shut down at the end of the week ( I don't know about you, but I'd love to tell the bank I'd like to not pay my bills for about 6 months while I restructure and then we'll talk about it come March or so, but if I did that well, I'd be sleeping on the grates like so many of these other people here in D.C, and truthfully I don't think that would be a good look for me, but I digress).
It was raining when I got to the commuter lot and where was my umbrella? In the house. However, Chick-Fil-A was at the lot handing out Chik-n-biskits so that helped a little
It's supposed to rain all week! Well at least it's not SNOW! (see Friday's post)
The good news is that the work day is almost done and being Monday that means I'm only a few hours from Monday night Football and the Cowbows are playing the Deadskins (no that's not a typo, that was intentional) Maybe today's not so dreary after all!  Growing up in the South, I grew up loving Football and like most little girls I grew up loving Dallas. Living here in the DMV which is the Deadskin Nation, you are usually either a Big fan or Big opponent. There can be no doubt which one I am. So tonight I will terrorize my two assistants (they HATE football season, all the yelling, Bitty especially usually just Glares at me before turning and stalking off).
So, with all the grey and clouds I wanted to find something to cheer me up a little so I looked in my handy dandy Black Berry for recent cards I had finished to find one that did the job, and here it is.

I love this new stamp set called Delicate Doilies. There's a matching Designer Series Paper and a Background Stamp and it's just Fabulous. It's really a versatile set and I've seen lots of different things done with it. Well, I used it the other day as... wait for it .... Snow Flakes! Can you believe it?!? I know right! Me and snow flakes 2 posts in a row! Now don't get me wrong- I like snow flakes as long as I'm inside and don't have to drive in them or shovel them or get cold and wet from them, you get the picture. I also like the idea of how they're all different (kind of like us) I think that's so cool!

So anyways here's a picture of the card I made-

I used a base of Island Indigo and Whisper White cardstock. Using 3 of the different stamps in the set I randomly stamped images (yes you know how I dislike that word randomly) using Island Indigo and Pool Party from this year's In-Colors and White Craft ink. It makes me feel like snow flakes falling in the islands, I love it. Are you loving the In-Colors this year? I think they are Amazing and can't wait to really enjoy them. So glad we get them all for two years now instead of just one.

The sentiment is from Perfect Words another must have set. So there you have it. A Quick and Easy Contradiction. What do you think?

Some of the items I used for this card are-
DelicateDoilies Clear Mount Stamp Set $16.95

Perfect Words  Hostess Set $9.00 when you have a qualifying purchase.

2011 In-Color Carstock and Ink-Pad Set 29.95

Clear Block Bundle
Clear Block Bundle $69.95

As always you can shop 24 hours a day from my online store. Click HERE to shop anytime.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great day and I hope you are inspired to try something that at first might not seem to make sense. Just have fun and jump on in.

I hope you liked today's card. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :) 

See you Soon.
Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan