Sunday, September 18, 2011

Big Top Balloons

Pin It
Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't get to post but once last week, it was a very busy week with a new job site, and class and what not, so I'll try to do an extra post this week to make up for it. I hope everyone has had a great weekend and is getting ready for a good week at work.

For those of you that have been following my blog you'll remember the blog where I showed different things I had made with the Holiday Ornament Punch and I said I'd be showing the cards made with them. (If you;re new to my blog I hope you'll go back and look at it, there's oh so many to go back through :) all of 5 or 6 I'd say)
Here's a quick refresher- Here's what the punch looks like-







And here is the original picture of the balloons I made from the Ornament Punch that was the inspiration for today's card.




I simply turned the ornament on it's side and traced around it to create the oval shaped balloons keeping the neck of the ornament as the neck of the balloon and simply trimmed of the top for the wide balloon. How simple? I then tied some bakers twine around the necks for the strings and there you go!

So I wanted to have my balloons floating in a bright blue sky and of course balloons made me think of birthdays so I got out my Brand Spanking New Big Top Birthday DSP that I got when it was on special last month, buy 3 get 1 free. Did you get in on that deal? Wow, I hope so. Stampin' Up really took care of us on that one huh? Well anyways, It's one of those papers that I wasn't too sure about when I first saw it in the book, but I have to say the more I play with it the more I like it. It has lots of Tempting Turquoise in it, and let me just say, I have lots of that (I bought a pack when I first started and am so glad to be getting to use it) and what a nice color to have with your summer sky. Here's my card.


I used a base of Temping Turquoise and layered it with Whisper White. I sponged it with Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue (which is retired but you could use another blue in it's place). I then punched out and trimmed the balloons, added the twine and knotted it (it's easier to hold on to that way, duh). I added my greeting which is from Petite Pairs. Seriously, if you don't have this set, it's a must have! It is soooo versatile.



I added another balloon punch to the inside of the card to finish it off along with the rest of the greeting and my card is finished. I really like it and one thing that I like is that I think not only would it be a good card for a kid but the kid in any of us. I always go by the "would I like to receive the card" standard. Well, I would definitely like to receive this one! How about you?

Some items I used for this card-
Tempting Turquoise Cardstock
Big Top Birthday DSP
Holiday Ornament Punch
Petite Pairs Greeting
All these items and more are available at my online store 24 hours a day @ ShansDesignStudio.Stampinup.net

I hope you liked the card. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Come back soon to see what else I have for you.

Be Safe,
Shan





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan