Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11 Rememberance and Thanks

Pin It
10 years ago today, was a day that changed life as we know it for everyone living in in our amazing country.
Some say the day changed them, and for many it did. Our country saw an unprecedented surge of Patriotism that day and in the months and even years that followed. We saw an increase in the number of men and women volunteering to serve in our armed forces, to protect not only our lives and the country we love but all the freedoms that, let's face it, many had for too long taken for granted. Let us also not forget those that volunteer in their communities with their local Fire Departments as Firefighters, EMT's and the volunteer administrative persons in those departments too. The department I am proud to be a member of, O.W.L. in Woodbridge Va., had many brave men and women who responded not only to the Pentagon, but to NYC as well.
So on this the 10th Anniversary of 9-11 I would like to say Thanks, to not only those that choose to serve but to the families they leave behind. To the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, wives, children and yes even friends, Thanks for supporting those that have made the decision to serve so they can do so with one less thing to worry about.

I recently made this card, for my friend James' son Jonathan, for his graduation from Army Basic Training. I was so happy that James was able to take it to Jonathan's graduation and that they both really liked it. Today I post it as a Thank-You for anyone who has ever served and for those that support them and keep the home fires burning waiting on their return.



In case you can't read the sentiment it says "Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities, because it is the quality that guarantees all others.", from Winston Churchill.

Did that day change you? It changed the way I often look at the world, but I don't think it changed me as a person. I'm still the same country girl that loves God, family, and the good 'ole USA. I may be a little more vigilant, I may be a little bit crankier at the restrictions imposed upon me while traveling, especially living where I do, but I am still so thankful to live here and thankful to those who serve.

I hope you liked my card and I hope you take the time to say Thanks to the next service member you see. They rarely get the thanks they deserve. Let them know how much you appreciate all they are doing for us all.

If you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Thanks for stopping by.
Be Safe and God Bless America!
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan