Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Scaredy Cat Begining

Pin It

Welcome to my little blog. (No that's not a picture of me... :) That's a picture of Shere Khan II or Dueces as he's most commonly known. He's my 16lb Maine Coone Rescue and can usually be found lying on the table helping to hold down the edge of my graph paper. Isn't it nice that he helps his mommy?) Those of you that know me, know I love to create. I love to paint-but I'm allergic to latex (not a good combination). I love to cook- but it's just me at home- so that means lots of leftovers so I don't cook as much as I'd like too. I love to bake, and I'm really good at it too...just ask my friends and my agents but if I baked as much as I'd like to a- I'd be broke, b- I'd be big as a house from taste testing...(SIGH) So we come to stamping and paper-crafting. I love that too, however my Type-A personality kicks in and I stress myself out with the insane need to have everything be perfect.

Does this sound familiar? Now I know deep down, (ok not even so deep down) that my cards or gifts don't have to be perfect, that it really is the thought that counts. I know that I would rather get a card that someone took the time to make, than a commercial card any day and I think most people probably feel the same way.

But, somehow, even knowing this, I still stress about whether the sentiment is on straight or the borders are even all the way around. I worry if a new layout will work or a new color combo will make me happy, hence the name...Scaredy Cat Creations.

I'm a Big 'Ole Scaredy Cat! ( That's Bitty Kitty. She's my other Rescue, and my other Studio Assistant. As you can see she has situated herself in the box that Mr. UPS brought me today to inspect it and make sure that nothing was left in it. What a sweet girl!)


So if you're a Scaredy Cat too and you want to try some new things with me, or even if you're not and you just want to follow along and see what happens as I learn to give up control and not be such a Scaredy Cat- Come hang out and let me know what you think.

I'm going to try and post a couple times a week, sometimes more hopefully not less. I start school again next week and am working full time so bear with me as I try to keep up with this.

Thanks for stopping by.

Shannon Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    I see you also like cats. We had a Maine Coone that we kick named two tons because of his size.I now have two Rag Dolls and they are our babies. My favorite card is the birthday card with the circus stamp so nicely done on the inside. Thank you for giving me a great idea that I plan to use on my own cards in the future. Keep those great ideas coming,
    Hugs,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan