Monday, August 29, 2011

My New Ornament Punch or How "What a Bargain!" turned into a "Bargain with Myself"

Pin It

I hope everyone had a great weekend and survived Irene's wrath. We didn't even a have a power surge. We were very blessed.

So yesterday afternoon I was good and instead of playing in the studio (aka my kitchen/dining room/basement/ wherever I happen to be creating at the moment) I studied. (Boo Hiss!) Anyways... that means that by the time I got off work today I was sooooo ready to come home and PLAY! I know you know exactly what I mean. I knew the card I wanted to make and it came together pretty quick and then I was able to finish the elements for tonight's blog and then I looked at the clock and HOLY COW!!!!! 2 1/2 hours had passed. No dinner, No check-in on the school work and definitely No exercise and it was already 8! AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! So I fed the studio assistants, took a quick shower, grabbed dinner and here I am sitting down to chat with you all. <3

OK- I don't know about you, but I LOVE me a bargain! Note the capital L-O-V-E. Now if you didn't know, Stampin' Up is a really good product at a good price. That's a bargain right? Well me, I really like to feel like I'm getting my money's worth. So last year about this time I discovered their Ornament punch. (I don't know if it was new or not because horror of horrors, I hadn't been stamping for a while. I know - It's very sad, but thankfully that time in my life is over now.) It even had a coordinating stamp set. Now, I liked the stamp set and I liked the punch, but I couldn't see buying a punch I'd only be able to use once a year. I mean come on! What kind of bargain is that. Not a good use of my money I thought. So, I waited, and then I began to see other uses for the punch and then I even thought of some myself. I know I even surprised myself with that! So guess what I did? That's right- I bought that stamp set. Oh yeah, I bought the punch too.





I'm not going to show finished products here because I only get to post a couple times a week. Instead I'm going to give you sneak-peeks of upcoming posts and show you just the portion that was made with the Ornament Punch.

Of course you can do "Ornaments". Here's one made with Designer Series Paper from the Holly Berry Series from the new Holiday Mini. It's an extra little sneak-peek for you. It will be available on September 1st. It's so pretty. It's glittery and the best part is the glitter doesn't come off! How Fabulous is that?!?



What about turning that ornament into a vase? I used some DSP in fall colors and made a vase for autumn flowers, but you can use it for any season. You can also change the height, you know what I say, it's up to you.



Now, I was sitting at home looking at a punched out ornament and it reminded me of a balloon. So I made a few trims with my paper-snips and I had Balloons. Woo-Hoo! Add some twine and it's up, up and away. For the different shapes I just turned the ornament and traced around it.



And then because I was already thinking balloons it wasn't a big leap to go from balloons to a hot air balloon. For the balloon I simply cut off the "top" portion and for the basket I used the Cupcake stamp and punch set. That's another Bargain Blog I'm sure.



So, that's all for now. There are more. There are flowers and cute little fish, but I don't have the supplies for those yet. Besides if I show you everything now, there won't be a reason for you to come back later. :)

What do you think? Is the Scaredy Cat in you ready to try one of these? I hope so! I also hope you'll let me know if you do. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

OOOOPS! Silly Me! Are you wondering what happened with the Blog title? So.... I was sooo busy with the Bargain that was my Ornament punch (and have been with my stamping in general lately) that I failed once again to work out. :( I have therefore had to make the bargain with myself to workout before sitting down to play creatively. This is especially necessary as school is back in session and I am moving to a new work site where I will be getting home later, so it will be even more important to work out early. See the Bargain turned into a Bargain. Ahhh the things we do, to do the things we love.

I hope you have a great week! Enjoy and have fun.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan